Mom

Dean's pov

I continued to spank my mouthy daughter's bare behind, wanting to make my displeasure with her behavior known, beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm sure Amy can hear this spanking, wherever she retreated off to in hiding. Each slap of my hand on Katie's little red butt rang out loudly, echoing throughout the house. It really hurt me seeing Amy cry because of the rude things my daughter said. Now it's Katie's turn to feel bad.

Lifting her off my lap, I stood her in front of me, roughly pulling up her underwear and pants. Slapping her smarting behind, I barked, "Run up to your room and get your hairbrush."

"Daddy, no!" Katie protested, twisting from my grasp.

Standing up, I clarified, "If I don't have that hairbrush in my hand in the next sixty seconds, young lady, you'll be getting spanked every night for a week."

"Daddddy," she whined, stomping her little foot in defiance. "That's not fair!" she shouted. "You already spanked me and I didn't even do anything that bad."

"Forty-five seconds." Grabbing her arm and bending down so we were face to face, I sternly warned, "You really want to test me right now?"

Her eyes got wide hearing the icy timbre of my voice and seeing the hard look on my face. She adamantly shook her head no and took off running.

Watching my daughter race up to her room, I took a deep breath and sighed. This is not how I wanted my long-ass day to wind up. I shook my head sadly, looking to the big man upstairs for answers.

"Why, God, why?" I asked softly, not particularly expecting a response but hoping I'd at least garner some sympathy. "I just wanted to come home and have a beer and maybe some playtime with my lady," I grumbled. "I didn't ask for any of this."

Snapping me out of my self-pity session, my daughter came running loudly down the stairs, hairbrush in hand. Not saying a word, she held it out to me. Taking the brush from her, I sat back down on the couch and beckoned her over. Katie reluctantly complied, moving faster once I raised one eyebrow in warning.

She started to bend over my lap until I halted her.

"We're gonna talk first," I said, setting the brush down next to me. Positioning her inbetween my knees, I held her tiny wrists in my left hand. Katie kept her eyes focused on the floor. "Look at me," I commanded firmly, yet softly.

Making my heart wrench, my little girl peered up at me, her beautiful big green eyes brimming with tears. Sometimes being a father is just so damn hard. Katie's a pretty good kid. I mean she has her moments like today but overall she's fairly well-behaved. Now I can better understand the grief I put my father through. Payback I guess, for all the stupid things I did growing up. Oh well, time to get back down to business.

"I'm very upset with you for saying those things about Amy today. You realize she's going to be your step-mom someday soon. Don't you?"

Katie nodded.

"Do you understand why I'm so disappointed in your behavior?"

Katie nodded again.

"I want you to tell me, not just nod your head in agreement. Understand?"

"Yes, daddy," she replied meekly.

"Alright, then why do you think I'm upset by what you said?" I asked sternly.

"I don't know," Katie replied shyly, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment as she avoided looking at me.

"Katherine Rose," I said, middle naming her in warning. "I suggest you come up with a reason lickety split, or I'll be usin' this hairbrush on your bare behind to help loosen your lips." I spanked her on the bottom to let her know I meant business. "Start talking."