Focused on the Past

Katie's pov

"Yes sir," I managed to say with some effort, as Dad readjusted me on his lap. He wrapped his left arm tighter around my waist to pull me closer against his body so I wouldn't move around as much.

Dad kept slapping my butt as he droned on. It was pretty hard to listen to him though since I was so focused on the pain he was inflicting on my rear end. My skin is already burning and we're nowhere near done yet.

"I'm sorry, please stop!" I cried out, after Dad started spanking my legs. It's not bad enough he's made my butt bright red, now he's gotta do the same to my thighs.

"You're not sorry yet, little girl, but you will be by the end of this." The palm of Dad's hand continued to spank every inch of my bottom without mercy. "I'm gettin' real tired of havin' this conversation with you about fighting with your brother, Katherine Rose, and I'm gonna make your backside well aware of that." He spanked my bottom hard. I mean real hard.

"OW!," I screeched, as I tried to maneuver my butt out of the line of fire. My efforts were futile though since Dad just gripped me tighter, pinning me in place with his elbow.

Ignoring my discomfort, he continued lecturing, "I hope we don't have to do this again anytime soon. Do you understand me?"

"Yessss," I whined, squirming over my dad's thighs as I tried to avoid his heavy hand.

"Good, because I want you to start thinking of Drew, Alex and Amy as family now and we don't hurt family, Katherine Rose. Got it?"

"You fight with Uncle Sammy," I unwisely sassed. "And you're hurting me now and I'm your family," I argued, as I continued to struggle against this unfair and unnecessary punishment.

Dad exhaled loudly before delivering several sharp slaps to my already sore bottom.

"You know what I mean, little girl." Dad spanked the sensitive area below the curve of my buttcheeks six times in rapid succession. "Me administering a punishment for your naughty behavior is not the same as you whacking your little brother with the remote control and breaking the floor lamp over some stupid tv show." Dad continued to beat my butt as he talked. "Understand now?"

"Yes!" I shouted my response with attitude, annoyed with my dad's lecturing and in quite a bit of pain thanks to this spanking.

"Don't raise your voice to me, little girl. You're in enough trouble already." Dad was really pissed off now and he let me know it by reddening my behind even more. "And do you wanna know what your grandfather did when I was nine and gave your uncle Sammy a black eye while we were fighting?" he asked in a really quiet, dark, eerie tone as he stopped spanking me.

I swallowed hard. A chill ran up my spine. I know he doesn't expect or want an answer from me. The silence in the room and the sudden stark change in my Dad's demeanor was nothing short of terrifying, ne might even say paralyzing. Dad doesn't talk about Grandpa much and when he does, he's a different person. That's probably why Grandpa doesn't come around much and why we almost never go visit him.

My entire body stiffened as soon as my dad spoke.

"He took his belt off and whipped me until I bled, Katie." Dad paused. "Then he whipped me some more."

Dad was real still. His body was rigid. Suddenly I was very aware of his hand resting on my butt. I held my breath, waiting for him to speak again or move. I can't believe Grandpa did that to him. He was just a little kid. How could he hurt him like that?

"I would never do that to you, Katie," he said, sounding like my dad again. He shifted me on his lap as I felt his body relax. "I hope you have a better understanding now of what I mean when I say we don't hurt family."