Chapter 51: Mutsuki's Shortcomings Lie in Being Too Kind

Start from the beginning

While they hadn't felt major issues before, they just found Taijutsu sensei's teaching a bit subpar and dull. However, as they gathered to discuss, the students of Class 1-1 felt something was amiss. It wasn't just a matter of being bored; it was about something fundamental to being a ninja—strength.

During practical assessments among students, they might not go all out, and if something unexpected happened, a sensei could intervene. However, during missions and encounters with enemies on the battlefield, they wouldn't hold back.

"This..." Mutsuki appeared hesitant and, after a sigh, said, "Don't speak these words in front of Tanimura sensei. Instead, practice Taijutsu more in your daily routine. If you don't understand, find time to ask me."

The dissatisfaction of the students with Tanimura Toshihiro's teaching abilities seemed like a pile of gunpowder waiting for someone to ignite it.

Seeing Mutsuki still speaking up for Taijutsu sensei, the students in Class 1-1 felt he was not getting the respect he deserved. They thought Mutsuki was too lenient.

"They're all colleagues, and Yumi-sensei probably doesn't want Tanimura sensei to feel embarrassed," observed Shisui's Shadow Clone, witnessing the scene.

Shisui also believed the Taijutsu sensei's skills were subpar, far inferior even to his previous teachers at the clan, let alone compared to Mutsuki.

After class, just before leaving, Mutsuki reiterated to the students not to speak ill of the Taijutsu sensei directly and to be more understanding. The students nodded in agreement. After Mutsuki left, Anko took the lead in organizing the entire class to discuss how to get a new Taijutsu sensei.

"Isn't it said that they'll replace a sensei if the grades are poor? Why don't we intentionally perform poorly in exams?" suggested a student.

"But there isn't a separate Taijutsu exam. Are we supposed to intentionally do poorly in practical exams? That would also affect Yumi-sensei, who teaches Ninjutsu," Kotetsu shook his head, pointing out.

"That won't work. Yumi-sensei is so good; I want him to keep teaching until I graduate," Anko directly vetoed the proposal upon hearing it might be detrimental to Mutsuki.

Anko's words gained approval from everyone.

"How about we collectively point out the fact that his teaching abilities are lacking and let him leave on his own?" someone quickly suggested, taking another approach.

"That doesn't seem right. Yumi-sensei doesn't want us to do that, right?"

"It's beneficial for Yumi-sensei. Why not do it? Yumi-sensei is our homeroom teacher, and he'll have face if we're strong," Kotetsu felt this approach was feasible.

Changing the Taijutsu sensei would make their abilities stronger, which would also benefit Mutsuki.

"I think the proposal works. Forcing the sensei to leave is our issue and won't affect Yumi-sensei," Izumo nodded in agreement.

"And if he insists on staying, I have a good plan," Izumo thought of a clever strategy.

"With the final exams just over a month away, let's exaggerate our achievements in Ninjutsu and minimize Taijutsu during the practical exams. This way, the school will notice that Taijutsu sensei's teaching is indeed inadequate," Izumo suggested.

"But our overall grades must still be good for the school to take notice," Izumo reminded.

Kotetsu put his arm around Izumo's shoulder, laughing, "It has to be you, Izumo. All you can come up with these great plans!"

Everyone agreed and nodded, feeling that they needed to work even harder to achieve good results in the final exams and get a new Taijutsu sensei.

...

After lunch, instead of returning to his office, Mutsuki went to the adjacent office, which was Tanimura Toshihiro's office.

"Yumi-sensei," as soon as Mutsuki entered the office, several sensei greeted him.

Mutsuki smiled in response to each one and then approached Tanimura Toshihiro. Using the excuse of having something to discuss, he asked Tanimura Toshihiro to step outside to a place where no one was around.

"Tanimura sensei, I'm sorry," Mutsuki apologized to Tanimura Toshihiro.

"Yumi-sensei, did something happen? Why are you suddenly like this?" Tanimura Toshihiro was a bit confused, not understanding what had occurred.

---

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja