Spike Imagine - Funfair

Start from the beginning

Willow and Tara smile before hurrying off back to the Summers' residence.

"We should get some candyfloss for Dawn and Buffy." I suggest as we join the queue for the ride.

"Nice idea, love." He kisses the top of my forehead which makes me blush, despite the months we've been going out.

At the top of the Ferris Wheel, we can see for miles. It's just us in the seat, thighs squashed and hands intertwined. Spike brushes his thumb over the back of my hand as he tells me about the last time he went to a funfair.

"The main attraction was the circus." he reminisces, "Saw an elephant, lion, think there was a bear cub too. Poor things. Even then, I remember feeling bad for them."

"So, you prefer modern day funfairs?"

"Yeah, although the lion was cool." 

I laugh. I feel a little self-conscious about how it sounds, but when I catch Spike's eye, he's looking at me with such love and affection, it eases the nerves in my stomach.

"You are my favourite person." he affirms and I touch his cheek, kissing his lips softly.

And before we know it, we're at the bottom, clambering out of the ride and walking to our next ride. The Walzer makes me so dizzy, but Spike is unaffected as a vampire, which is unfair. I persuade him to join me on the carousel, and we sit on two unicorns (mine has a rainbow mane, while Spike's is fuchsia).  The music it plays is so nostalgic, it makes me long for cosy, rainy evenings by the fireplace back home. 

"Do you ever miss England?"

"Not a lick," Spike replies. He pauses, choosing his words, "Life here with you is much better."

That surprises me. Spike hasn't lost the accent, still retains a lot of English idioms and customs, so I wonder if it's truly true. He takes my hand again, "What next?"

"I'm ready to go home," I stifle a yawn, "If that's okay?"

"Course, love. We should pick up that candyfloss for the Summers before we go."

"Oh, I almost forgot."

Once we've brought it, and are making our way home, I spot a photo booth at the edge of the fair activities. I eye it as we pass and Spike notices.

"We can do it if you want."

I blush, "You think it's cheesy."

"Who told you that?" With a smirk, he backtracks and gets into the booth so I follow. It is so tiny. I pull the red curtain closed and stand awkwardly, hunched over as to not bang my head on the low ceiling. 

"I think this is made for one person." 

"Nonsense." Spike pulls me down and I land with one leg on the seat and one leg across his leg. "There."

I laugh, "This is hardly practical."

He starts poking buttons on the screen, pushing some coins into the slot. The screen comes to life. 

Spike straightens, "Ok. Pose." He stares into the little black camera with a toothy grin and I can't help matching it. 

For the second picture, I wrap my arm around his shoulder to do bunny ears behind his head and he looks at me, confused. Before I can tell him to look at the camera, it snaps.

"What was that?"

"Bunny ears."

"Bunny ears?"

"You're such an old man."

I smile and pull him in for a kiss by his shirt and hear the camera shutter again. 

For the last picture, Spike tries to replicate the bunny ears on my head, but splays out all his fingers like a fan. 

"You do two fingers," I tell him with a broad grin, holding back a laugh, "Like this."

I wrap my arm around his shoulders again and we both look into the camera just in time. The electronic voice tells us that the pictures will be printed shortly. I make use of that time by kissing Spike until things get a little too hot and stuffy in the confined space. 

Out in the night air again, I pick up the freshly printed photos. 

"I love this one," I point to the last picture (which actually turned out cute) and Spike gently takes the strip to examine it closely.

He points at the first one and his voice is soft when he says, "You're so beautiful."

Spike turns back to the booth and picks up another strip of photos (I didn't hear it print). He tucks it carefully into his jacket pocket. 

"All set to go?"

"Yep." 

With one hand holding a bucket of blue and pink candyfloss, the other intertwined with my boyfriend's, I lead the way back to the crypt. Rain clouds start to darken the sky so we pick up the pace but Spike somehow turns it into a race. We're laughing and running and trying to beat each other as the sky starts to spit.

When we get back to the crypt, we shed our coats immediately and get ready for bed.  I can't wait to curl up under the velvety duvet and fall asleep to the soft sound of rain. I yawn at the thought. 

My dream soon becomes reality as the bed dips with Spike's weight as he lays down next to me. I don't even have time to say goodnight before sleep overcomes me, but I know he won't mind. He knows I love him. 

thanks for reading!!! hope you enjoyed! this is so fluffy and no plot-y but yk, it's Spike so... :)