Spike Imagine - Drunk

set in mid season 6 (after As You Were)
CW - excessive drinking (I do not condone this), swearing

"How much of this is gonna get us drunk?" 

Spike opens a third bottle of vodka. "This should do it."

He fills my margarita glass halfway with the clear liquid and I pour in blood until it reaches the brim. He uses his finger to stir it up and I swat it away. He only smirks and pops his now red finger into his mouth.

I'm already tipsy, that fuzzy feeling has settled pleasantly in my chest, but I'm looking to not remember tonight in the morning. (I know I will, vampire's don't get hangovers, but drinking my feelings away will work in the short term). 

"You must spend so much on booze if it takes this much to get drunk."

"Yeah, I would," Spike replies, "If I ever paid for anything." 

"Buffy?" my voice cracked as I called out into the Magic Box from the threshold, "Why can't I come in?"
Panic set in as I tried to put my arm through the archway but I just hit the invisible barrier again. This couldn't really be happening. 
I could see The Scoobies gathered around the table. "Hey, guys!" 
Slowly, with apprehensive looks to one another, they scraped back their chairs and approached.
"Why can't I come in?"
Willow looked like she was going to cry. Xander's jaw was stiff and set. Buffy stared into my eyes.
"You're not welcome here anymore. I'm sorry."
"What?!"

Spike slurps his own drink and I roll my eyes as scarlet dribbles down his chin. 

"Don't waste your food." I scold him playfully, reaching forward to wipe it away but he holds out a hand to distance me. With a mischievous glint in his eyes, he downs the rest of it as quickly as he can and burps when he's done.

"You're grotesque." I hit his shoulder, drinking the rest of mine. 

He beams, a crooked, intoxicated grin that makes me smile too. 

"You drank from a human and killed her." Buffy said through gritted teeth.  
"Oh. Well... In my defence, I never though you would find out. Actually, more importantly in my defence, I'm a freaking vampire. What did you expect?"
"We expected you to stick to the butcher's blood like you promised." she replied icily. 
"Ok. I get that, but you'd understand if you knew how disgusting it tastes. Day after day... I caved, okay?"
"No. Not okay. You should leave." Buffy said, her brave gaze finally dropping.
"What is happening?"
"We saw it with Harmony, we won't see it happen with you. Without your soul, you're not Y/N. Get out and be grateful you're leaving without a stake through your heart." she repeated.
"Guys..."
"She said get out." Xander piped up, puffing his chest out like some kind of caveman. 
"Fuck you, Xander."
"He's right. Don't try and keep in touch."
"Ok." I said, stepping back with my hands up,
"Fuck all of you." 

"This is the good shit." I say appreciatively, pointing at my empty glass, "Beats the butchers' crap I was living off." 

"I can't stand that stuff." 

"Buffy never let me have any hospital blood." I pout, shaking the glass in his face until he tops it up. I definitely feel drunk now. 

"You lasted a year. That's impressive."

"It is! Thank you! I didn't cave once! Until... you know, I did. But still!"

"I couldn't've done it." Spike pours straight vodka into his glass from an absurd height and gulps down a mouthful, barely even wincing at the taste. "How did it feel? You know, your first kill."

"Magical. Brilliant. Euphoric." My mind floats back to that night, the pretty girl in my arms, as limp as a broken arm as I drank my fill and left her body behind The Bronze. I wonder briefly how my friends found out, before I push the thought away. "I thought I'd feel guilty and evil but it was the best thing I've ever experienced."