Spike Imagine - Her Lips

Spike's POV

"Hey peroxide," Y/N greets, gazing over her shoulder to look at me. 

"Charmin'," I roll my eyes, but can't help smiling. "What are you doing out here?"

Dusk has just settled over Sunnydale, and Y/N is sitting on a stone coffin outside my crypt. Part of me thinks she could've been waiting for me, but I dismiss the thought. I sit opposite her and tilt my head to one side, ready to listen. 

"Just wanted some peace and quiet. And I thought I'd be less likely to be killed by some demon if you were near."

I smile but she glares at me - "Don't flatter yourself, William. I just wanted to get out without looking over my shoulder for a vampire every three seconds."

"Well, you've come to the wrong place," I say, gesturing to myself.

"You know what I mean." 

She's implying that I'm harmless, but man, the things I would do to her. She's so self-righteous, and should maybe trust herself a little less. I'm capable of more than she thinks. 

"How are you doing?" she asks and I shrug.

"Fine. Nothing new. You?"

"Yeah, fine," she takes something wrapped in foil out of her pocket and tosses it to me. I catch it and open it to reveal a stack of golden biscuits.

"What are these?"

"Ginger biscuits. Joyce and I made them." I don't miss the faint blush that graces her cheeks and I hold back a smirk.

"Thank you," I say, taking a bite, "Not bad." My tone came out harsher than intended, but Y/N rolls her eyes playfully.

"So ungrateful." she mutters, taking one of my biscuits for herself.

"Hey!" I protest to no avail, watching her smirk as she stuffs the whole thing in her mouth. "You're grotesque." 

"That's me!" she says with her mouthful. I cringe and look away, "So... Joyce. Does this mean you and Buffy are speaking again?"

"Joyce doesn't know we fell out," she says quietly and there's a shift in mood immediately. Buffy and Y/N had an explosive argument a few days ago, but Joyce was never one to take sides. She's a kind woman, and I'd presume she treats Y/N with the same kindness as her daughters. 

"I'm sure things will work out," I offer, but she only stares at me. 

"That's what you said last week." 

"Well, sorry. I never claimed to be good at this advice thing." 

Y/N goes quiet and I instantly feel regret simmering inside me although it's stupid. Before I can utter anything though, Y/N sighs loudly and runs a hand through her hair.

"Yeah, I know."

She bites down on her lower lip in contemplation, drawing a little blood. Despite consuming a packet of pigs' blood only hours earlier, something within me stirs. I watch her, unblinking, as her tongue wipes away the blood from her full, red lip. 

In my mind's eye, a vision of me leaning in just close enough to...

What is wrong with me? I don't know if I want to kill her or kiss her. 

The skin has already began to heal, and when she whispers, "Spike." I'm brought out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk about something else?"

"Of course."

This is so cute, I love it eek. Hope ur enjoying the imagines! Don't forget to vote, comment etc <3