Spike Imagine - Sire

SPIKE'S POV (set in season 6 but w/out spuffy)
s5/6 spoilers

"Where's your coat? Did you leave it at The Bronze?"

"No, I didn't think I'd need one."

I shake my head, "It's winter, pet."

"But this jumper's thick," she defends, hugging her arms around herself, shivering. I sigh - sometimes I think she purposefully doesn't bring one because I'll give her my jacket. I always do. I'm shrugging off my duster when I get a whiff of vanilla, wood and menstrual blood; Buffy jumps out from behind a gravestone, startling Y/N. She flinches back into me and I steady her. 

"Boo!" Buffy grins, as if she didn't just make my girlfriend's heart rate triple in panic. 

"Buffy," Y/N gives her a strained smile, "What are you doing here?"

"Patrolling." she shrugs. "Want in?"

"Sure. Let me get my jacket first."  

As she disappears into my crypt at the other end of the graveyard, I turn to Buffy. 

"How come you're always patrolling in my cemetery? There's loads across town."

"Since when is it yours?" she counters, twisting a stake around in her hand. It's funny that not long ago she would have slammed that through my chest without a second thought. Maybe not funny, but still.

"My crypt's here." 

"Well, it's more protection for Y/N if I'm here. Speaking of which, I don't like how much she's here."

Here we go again.

"I get you're dating - and please note I still have mixed feelings about it - but why can't you stay at her place? Or move out of the freaking crypt?"

"Buffy, behind you!" Y/N shouts and Buffy spins around, clocking the vamp in the face. Grateful for the diversion, I catch a stake that Y/N throws at me and meet her halfway.

"Feeling warmer?" I ask with a smirk. 

"Yep. On your left." Out of thin air, so it seems, a vamp comes at me, fists flying, but I knock her out with one swift punch. "A lot of ghoulies out tonight." she remarks. 

I hum in response as another creeps up behind Y/N, but I go to stake it before it can lay a finger on her. Three vampires in three seconds is a lot, even for Sunnydale. Before I can consider it further, three more appear, targeting each of us. 

I hear Buffy mutter under her breath, "This is weird."

As soon as I stake the vampire that pounced at me, another comes charging from across the graveyard. I dodge at the last second and trip him up. When he crashes to the floor, I don't get the chance to stake him because another vamp kicks me in the back.

Something weird is definitely going on. 

More vampires just keep coming. 

Five more. Eight more. A dozen. Two dozen.

"Y/N!" I shout over the snarls and percussion of punches.

"I'm okay!" I hear her shout back. Even so, I don't like this. I can't even see her through the bodies of demons. It feels like I'm at a crowded concert. 

My back bumps into Buffy. She swears.

"What's going on?" I ask her, as she scissor kicks a vamp in the face. I watch one of its teeth fly out.

"I bet it's The Nerd Herd," she theorises with a roll of her eyes, "Warren said he had something planned the last time I saw him." 

I sigh. Of course. Those idiots have been a pain in all our arses for the past few months. What is their plan with this? What is the bloody point?