Willow Imagine - Soul

spoiler for season 2, episode 15
CW for spice :0

My girlfriend is the sweetest. I love her so much. I feel like a fraud for lying to her everyday.

Willow was never meant to be my girlfriend. I'm part of a band, you see. It's not big yet but we've got big dreams which is just as important in my opinion - it's called Dingoes Ate My Baby. I play drums. The lead singer, Oz, is my best mate and when he proclaimed he had a crush on the shy red-head, I took that as my signal to back off. I'd seen her at The Bronze, privately thought she was cute, but she did not seem queer to me, so I let Oz take the lead. I'm glad I was I wrong.

Willow was loitering outside the nightclub one dark Friday night and after playing, I went outside to grab a bite to eat. I gave her a polite smile as I passed, but to my surprise, she blurted out: "I think you're really good on the drums!"

I stopped and smiled, "Thank you, I appreciate that. What's your name?" I asked, as if I didn't know - Oz never stopped talking about her. Well, for Oz (he's not exactly chatty). 

"Willow." she breathed, her eyes lingering on my nose ring which was a simple spiked one that night. She was wearing a vibrant, stripy jumper with light blue jeans whereas I was in my favourite gothic, red and black dress, paired with spiderweb tights. A small vial of blood hung around my neck, resting on my cleavage and my platform boots made me a head taller than her. 

"Cute name. I'm Fae."

She stared at me, realised she was staring, and blushed. I thought it was adorable and remembered why I thought she was attractive. She has this air about her: innocence with a tinge of adventure. Hell, I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it's her smell? That's a big thing for werewolves and vampires alike so that could be why Oz and I find her so pretty. The band is actually made up of monsters and demons: I'm a vampire, Oz is a werewolf, Devon (our lead singer) is half Brachen-demon while Kevin on bass is a Mok'tager demon. 

Didn't I mention? I'm a vampire. That's my predicament. I was going to tell Will but when I found out she was friends with the freaking vampire slayer, how could I? I'd be dust in the blink of an eye and I've taken years to perfect my look! But, most paramount, I wouldn't have Willow and she wouldn't have me...

I've had partners before, with a hundred years of living, of course I have, but they are nothing compared to my Willow. I was hers after our first conversation. 

"Fae? Is-  is that French?"

"Yes, actually. My mum's side." I nodded, impressed, "I've seen you at The Bronze before, Willow."

"You have?" she squeaked. She took a small step closer and a wave of vanilla hit me. That was the only time in our relationship I ever thought about biting her. 

"Yeah, I have." I smirked, "My bandmate Oz thinks you're cute."

"Are you sure?" she looked surprised and shifted her weight from foot to foot. She swallowed to add quickly, "I- I'm not really interested."

I bit my lip to refrain from smirking at her matter-of-fact tone, "Noted." She looked like she wanted to say more, fighting with herself, but I continued, "Is there a reason in particular? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

She looked me dead in the eyes and said, "I'm not very interested in boys."

---------------------------------

We've been dating for six months now. Life is good. I'm well acquainted with Willow's friends despite still being wary of Buffy Summers. I'm playing regularly at The Bronze which is a gas - we managed to bag a gig in LA last week which was amazing. Willow tagged along in our mini-van and Oz was cool with it, he's actually seeing someone else now, a girl called Verruca.