Willow Imagine - New Years

10 

I should have been breezy like Faith. Her and Buffy are practically hugging on the dance floor, fingers intertwined, all tipsy giggles and shared whispers.

9

I could have done the same with Willow - made a half-joke that we should kiss at midnight. When the clock strikes 12, we could kiss so that we're not the only ones just standing there.

8

Friends kissed their friends all the time on New Years. It wasn't dirty to kiss a girl if you were just friends, if it was just a one off, right?

She looks so uncomfortable in that short, sequined dress Buffy convinced her to wear. I much prefer her fuzzy sweaters - I'm sure she does too.

6

I'll take a step closer. Maybe next year I'll have enough nerve to ask her.

5

I see Xander press closer to Anya out of the corner of my eye and they're already attached at the lips. Despite myself, I feel a pang of jealousy.

4

"Happy new year," Willow softly says to me. Our eyes meet and my stomach does a weird flippy thing.

3

This doesn't seem like a good start to the new year. It means another year of pining after my best friend.

2

Willow keeps looking into my eyes. Someone bumps into her back and now we're so close I can smell her perfume.

1

If I'm not mistaken, Willow just looked at my lips while she subtly licked her own. My stomach does that weird flip thing again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Willow kisses me on the mouth: short, sweet, life-changing. She pulls away and smiles, and all I can do is just grin back. 

happy new year all! let's manifest a happy and healthy 2024! ❤