Spike Imagine - Love

"Come off it!"

"It's true!" Spike grins, "Billy Idol stole my look!"

"And do you have any proof to support this conspiracy?" I bite my lip and raise my eyebrows, waiting for an answer I know I'll never get.

"Shut up." he says, nudging me playfully.

"Hey, I'll fall!" I warn, kicking my legs that are dangling from the top of Spike's crypt. We climbed up here for a chat over tea because... Well, it's unspoken between us, but when I'm feeling stressed, I always end up here. To get away from everything. Late at night like this, it feels like Spike and I are the only two people in the whole world.

"I've got you," he says quietly, and I smile up at him. Our height difference is a frequent teasing point, but I secretly think it's cute. I jerk myself forwards and he starts, panic widening his eyes as big as saucers as his hands shoot out to steady me. I snort out a laugh and he looks like he could bite me (not that I would mind, I've got an embarrassingly intense crush on him). He lets go of my arms and shakes his head, "You've got a peculiar sense of humour, you know."

"Ahh," I breath out, "I know. Wait, did you hear that?"

"Humm?"

"I don't know. Sounded like fizzing? Staticky?"

"No, pet. But have I told you how good you look today?"

I blush, "Shucks, you're gonna make me blush."

"I'm serious. You're so beautiful."

I stare at him. His unblinking eyes meet mine and now we're both staring. I want to kiss him so bad but because I just have to ruin the moment, I take a sip of my tea. However, my heart is beating too fast and my hands are unsteady, so I practically inhale a gulp of the steaming liquid. 

I hold back my cough and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, mortified. 

Slowly, gently, Spike takes the china cup out of my sweaty hands. His body turns to face me and his hand wipes a drop of tea from my cheek. Is he...? No, wishful thinking. Or is it? His eyes are fixed on mine and he's leaning closer - I'm leaning closer - so close I can smell his aftershave. The smell invades my senses but all sensation comes back when his lips graze mine. Spike. Is. Kissing. Me! It's slow but passionate, as if we've both been waiting for this. 

I hear a clatter: the cup falling off the crypt and onto the concrete below us. It brings me out of my trance and I suddenly have no idea what to do. My body seems to react before my brain - I cautiously get to my feet, and then I'm jumping downwards and running out of the cemetery. 

With the taste of Spike still clinging to my lips, I run straight to Willow's house. I need to talk to her because I have no idea how what just happened... happened.

Weirdly, as my fist is raised to knock on her door, it swings open. She greets me with a big smile, "Y/N!"

"Will!" I push past her, dropping onto the bottom of her stairs like a deflated balloon. "You will not believe what happened! Spike kissed me!"

Willow's soft eyes harden. Her jaw clenches. "What?"

"He - He kissed me! We were talking and -"

In the calmest voice ever, Willow interrupts: "I'm going to kill him." 

I pause. I furrow my eyebrows and doubt that I heard her correctly. "Woah, Will. Chill out, it's okay."

"That bastard," she hisses to herself before staring into my eyes, "Y/N. You can do better. Believe me, he'll never understand you like I do." She says frantically, "I've been your best friend since we were in nappies, I know you better than anyone. I could treat you better than that monster!"