Scoobies Imagine - Hogwarts

"So, Dawn. I'm here to talk to you about whatever you want to talk about," The guidance counsellor says with a sweet smile. Dawn shifts in her uncomfortable chair, wondering silently if she should say anything at all.

"Really, I'm fine," she mumbles. 

"Dawn. Everything you say is confidential. I just want to know how you're feeling. Ok, I'll ask you a simple question, okay?"

Dawn nods. There's a slight pause. 

"When was the last time you felt happy?" Her tone is breezy, as if the question isn't so heavy. 

Dawn falters. With her mother being hospitalised, Buffy always being busy, and the normal stresses that come with being a teenage girl, she has to think hard. 

"I was reading Harry Potter," she says with a small smile. 

"Oh, I'm not too familiar with those books," says the counsellor. "What makes them so appealing?"

"Probably all the magic the students can do. Of course, magic isn't real or anything," Dawn babbles, "But it's really cool. Like, sometimes I wish I could just be part of that universe. It seems way less stressful."

"Done."

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

"Hurry up, Dawn! Everyone's gonna be pissed if we're late again!"

Dawn opens her eyes and almost screams when she sees a black-haired, very annoyed looking girl staring down at her. She practically springs out of bed, terrified, as the girl sighs.

"I'll see you at breakfast in ten, okay?" she gives Dawn a forced smile and then exits.

Dawn pants, taking in her new surroundings. She looks back to the four-poster bed she'd woken up in, the bricks walls and the suitcases.

"Slytherin dorms." she says aloud, a smile spreading across her face. "Oh my gosh!"

She runs to the suitcase at the edge of her bed, prying it open to reveal her robes. She gasps joyfully, changing into them as fast as she can.

She gives herself a quick glance in a mirror, smooths her hair down, and sprints into the common room.

There's too much to take in, so instead, she rushes into the corridors, following some other students to The Great Hall.

She spots the girl from before waving her over from the Slytherin table, who she now realises must be Pansy Parkinson. She speed-walks over to her, taking a seat.

Dawn has to focus all her energy into keeping her cool. She locks eyes with the boy opposite her, with bleach blonde hair and a sly smirk.

"Nice of you to join us," Draco says, pushing a plate of pancakes her way. "Got you this."

He looks away and Dawn mutters a thanks. She observes the others in the hall, heart skipping a beat when Buffy smiles at her from the Gryffindor table.

She must have been furious when I was put into Slytherin. Dawn presumes, returning her smile.

Then she looks to the Hufflepuffs, who are all chatting contently. Xander and Tara sit next to each other, engrossed in conversation. Dawn watches Xander nudge Tara in the ribs so Tara jolts her head up and turns to the Ravenclaw table. Tara's gaze meets Willow's and Dawn grins so wide, her face aches.

Even here Tara and Willow are in love!  She thinks.

"What are you gawking at?" Draco says, giving her a judgemental look.

"Nothing," she smiles, facing him. The boys on either side of him, who are wolfing down some bacon quite grotesquely, look up and then back down at their food.

"Dawn, are you okay?" Pansy asks, putting her hand on top of Dawn's.

"Yup. I'm just in a good mood."

"You won't be after first period. Transfiguration with the Gryffindors..." Draco complains.

Then all at once, everyone gets up and gathers their things - it must be time for lessons. Dawn has no idea how or why she's in this universe, but what's there to complain about? Everyone she loves is here, she can presumably do magic without the watchful, cautious eye of Willow and there's no vampires! No creatures created to kill her sister, no Sunnydale High or poorly mum. 

Sure, there's dementors and a plethora of unanswered questions, but could this really be so bad? 

"Dawn?" 

In the hustle and bustle of every student heading to their lessons, Dawn's complete stiffening and reddening goes unnoticed. The voice came from Buffy, but not the smiley, Gryffindor Buffy. This Buffy looks a lot more familiar in her leather jacket and ponytail.

"Dawnie, can you see me?"

"Yes." Dawn breathes, feeling her heart drop. She knows what's coming.

"You've been gone for three days."

"Gone?" she repeats.

"Dawn, please. I know this feels real, but I need you to come back to us."

Dawn sighs, sadness consuming her like a tidal wave. Buffy reaches her hand out and Dawn cautiously takes it.

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

"Oh, thank God!" Buffy squashes Dawn into a tight hug, breathing heavily. 

"Can't... Breathe..." Dawn splutters, causing Buffy to let go.

Just as Dawn sucks in an actual breath, numerous bodies all embrace her at the same time, squashing her more than before.

"We're so glad you're okay!"

"Never scare us like that again!"

"Oh Dawnie!"

"Guys, guys! I'm fine!" Dawn tries to reason, escaping the huddle. She's back in her living room and can see candles and herbs spread out purposefully on the floor. Willow must have done a spell to let Buffy communicate with her. 

Dawn sighs, looking from her sister to Willow, to Tara and Xander. She smiles. Despite how hard it can be, she knows this is where she belongs.