Spike Imagine - Supposed

"Watch it, Slayer Jr." 

"You watch it!" I hiss back, "Don't make me stake you."

"I'd like to see you try..." Spike mutters, giving me that typical, cocky smirk.

"Oh yeah? You'd just like me to pin you to the ground, that's what you're saying." I kick a rock and watch it hurtle into a nearby gravestone with a tiny clink. I can sense Spike trying to think of a comeback which is witty enough to impress me but not too risqué to say around Buffy. 

I quicken my pace before he can come up with anything else and I can't help but crack a grin. 

"Hey! Wait up," Spike calls, and he grabs me by the wrist, pulling me behind a tree. "Are you trying to kill us all?"

I open my mouth to reply but Buffy lets out a dramatic sigh. "Can you guys quit it!?"

Spike and I look at Buffy, then to each other, then back at Buffy. We widen our eyes and put on our best pouty faces. "Sorry, Buffy." we say in unison. 

"Ugh, I hate it when you two do that!" she complains, and I give Spike a thumbs up. 

Buffy then gives me The Look™. It's the look she loves to dish out when Spike and I are at each other's throats, just being pains for the hell of it. The look that says 'Remember, he's murdered more children than you used to babysit' while also saying 'If you say another word I'm going to stake you myself'. 

Yes, I know I'm supposed to hate him. But I'm also supposed to take the trash out every week and be on time for my shift at The Magic Box. 

"Focus," she tells us, "Giles said there's a séance going on tonight and if you don't want me to offer you up as human sacrifices, you better just keep quiet and follow my lead."

She stalks off and once she's out of earshot, Spike coughs, "Not a human."

"You basically are, smartass," I snake my arm through his and pull him along, "Come on."

_--_-_-___-___-_--__--__---_-_------_ 

Just as Giles promised, we soon come across a circle of hooded figures who are chanting ominously. We watch silently, concealed by a large bush. Actually, I'm more concealed behind Spike's tall frame. Not that I'm cowering behind him or anything, but I'm sort of - ok, very - terrified of cults. They give me the heebie-jeebies, big time. 

"We'll make ourselves known on my count, okay?" she asks, although the question is rhetorical. She's in the zone, her full attention honed in on our task. Spike and I know not to mess about now. "Be careful. The one with the black cap is the leader." 

As if on cue, the so-called 'leader' removes his hood dramatically. What he reveals is a scaly, slimy, scabby face and I turn to Spike, "Dang, he looks like you." I mutter really quietly, just audible for his vampiric hearing to pick up. I see Spike's jaw tighten but he can't say anything back. It makes me smile. 

"Now."

We follow Buffy like the little slayerettes we are and all eyes turn to us (some of these demons have more than two so there are a lot of stares).

And the fighting commences.

After taking a deep breath to get over the whole cult thing, I do pretty well and manage to kill three with my axe. However, more and more just seem to be materialising. 

"Y/N!" I hear Spike shout, "Give me your axe!"

"No!" I shout back, "I need it!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see him desperately blocking the demon's advances, his own weapon (a bat) scattered a few feet away on the grass.