"How long until you give birth?" he heard his mother ask and turned to look in her direction. He saw Reina smiling and rubbing her pregnant belly.

"It could be any day now."

The words made him grimace, feeling bad for her, the pain she will endure because of that man.

He shook his head, trying to forget about everything before he will become worse. He should be happy for his uncle, the boy who once was his closest friend, but he could not bring himself to. Not when the girl he liked was the one who loved him and made him happy.

The silver haired man stepped in and whispered something in her ear, kissing her neck. Reina smiled at her husband, making Jace even more angrier.

His eyes met Daemon's, who was smirking at the couple. His step father locked eyes with him and shrugged his shoulders.

Throughout the whole breakfast he could not keep his eyes off her. Of her beautiful face and fascinating hair. How could someone be this beautiful?

His grandfather's words mattered little to him, he could not concentrate with Reina at the same table. Especially while she was in another's man arms.

•••

Reina could feel Aegon's piercing gaze on her as she danced with Jacaerys. She knew that he was jealous and angry.

"Come with me." Jace whispered in her ear, making her look at him suspiciously.

"Where-"

"Come with me to Dragonstone. Tonight." he whispered again, "I can make you happy."

Reina shook her head at his words, "You are joking." she tried to brush it off with a forced chuckle.

"I am not. I may be betrothed to Baela, but I want you. I have always wanted you, Reina." the Prince confessed. The woman's eyes widen and she looked at Aegon for a second, not knowing how to answer to his plea.

"Jace, you are a dear friend to me-"

"Friend?" he asked, pained by the words that left her mouth.

"I am sorry, but I am married." Reina said, shaking her head.

"What about it? I can treat you better than him, I will treat you better than him." he promised, his eyes getting teary.

"I love him, Jace. I cannot leave him. And you should learn to love your future wife too, you will be a good husband to her." the redhead smiled, though her eyes were filled with sadness, sensing the boy's disappointment.

"You know, if he ever hurts you...you can come to me. I will always help you." Jacaerys smiled back at her.

"I appreciate your words and your kindness, truly."

"If you ever change your mind, I will be waiting for you. I will always wait for you, because I have always wanted you. From the day I have seen you at that table my heart longed for you. You were so beautiful, while I..." he rambled, looking into her green eyes.

"Stop, Jace. You are only making this worse for you." Reina pleaded him, not wanting to hurt him any more.

"I love you, Reina." Jace smiled and wiped away a tear that fell down his cheek, "And I know that you will never love me back, you will never come to me."

Reina's heart broke upon hearing him confessing his love her. She loved him too, but as a friend. As a nephew. The boy had always been kind and caring towards her, but now she realised why.