Ties

Hey guys, I know I always update late but I wish I could buy time😔 Thank y'all for your support and love I hope you like the chapter pls give me your thoughts on it💕💕

VEGAS POV :

"Vegas..." Pete called softly.

I didn't expect this to happen I thought that Pete wouldn't talk to me for a while but seeing him hugging my sleeping figure was a total shock to me I relaxed as soon as I heard him apologizing which I didn't see coming.

Before Pete came into my room I couldn't sleep thinking about all that happened and how he attacked me out of nowhere I kept thinking about whether it was planned or...But he was carrying a knife it's impossible to be not too, Actually.

I couldn't stop thinking about how our trauma is connected the way it is, Like is it possible all of it was just a coincidence, or is destiny who brought him to me? I must figure it all out soon and know what connection our families shared.

"W...Would you still love me no matter what happens in the future?" Pete asked hesitantly his face inches apart from mine while his slender fingers caressed my cheek gently, His eyes were deeply fixated on mine giving me that gentle gaze that never failed to let me drown inside those pair of captivating eyes.

His question made shivers run down my skin afraid that one day he would leave me forever and there would be no coming back, No us anymore.

But what would come to pass in the future more than what already happened, I already experienced different sides of him from seeing him cheating on me to witnessing him trying to stab me with a knife! Like what else could happen?

"Pete...Is there anything I should know?" I raised a question instead of giving him an answer, Those past events made me wonder numerous times about how many things I should figure out about Pete, This complicated character can't help but stand there astonished in front of this man! Sometimes he makes me feel loved and appreciated and the other moment I feel like I should just bury myself for him so that he would stop shedding tears!

"T...Things like what?..." I sensed his discomfort with the question through his words and also the way he immediately avoided my eyes as if looking for an escape.

"I don't know Pete, It could be anything...You know you can lean on me and say whatever comes through your mind, I promise I'll be a good listener for you" I said wholeheartedly, I just want him to open up to me and let me see through him, Pete is really unpredictable! when I thought that I could read him like an open book it turned out exactly on the contract!

"Nothing to worry about..." He said locking eyes with me but I could see the reflection of lies through his eyes which he could hide perfectly.

I guess I have to find out myself! What are you hiding from me, Pete?

"Sure?" I asked for affirmation.

"It's nothing, Vegas..." He played back with the same sad eyes that could speak hundreds of words without uttering a word.

"Can I ask you something but please give me an honest answer?" I asked and I could feel how he tensed up and his reaction confirmed my doubt about his hidden secrets.

"I...I will" He tried to sound convincing but his body language says it all.

"About that night...When I saw you with a man in an inappropriate position...I need to know what exactly happened" I asked and his face turned pale and I could see through him how he was panicking inside! What is this big secret you keep away from me Pete? But know that nothing stays hidden forever even if you kept me in the dark.