Sacrifice

Hey guys, So here's the next part I hope you like it and I want you to tell me your opinion on the story so far🥺 thank you for all your Votes and support I really appreciate it guys😍🖤💙

PETE POV :

As I opened the door I was met with a masked man I couldn't imagine what was happening as he suddenly started attacking me with a knife out of nowhere and as a logical reaction I started defending myself against him by dodging his attacks and judging by his attacks style I can say maybe he's a hitman someone sends him to get rid of his target but why me?

He was trying to stab me but I held his arm tightly and tried to reverse the attack I got distracted and he pushed me to the ground and hovered over me still holding the knife tightly aiming it towards my face but the only thing stood between the knife from piercing into my skin was my hand. "Who are you?" I barely could form words gritting on my teeth but he didn't respond and damn he was so strong there was only one inch separating the knife from stabbing me.

Eventually, I did it I made the knife slip from his grip as soon as the knife was on the ground next to us I extended my hand faster than him and held the knife and before he could do anything I thrust the knife into his neck that's when the door forced open making me feel panic as soon as my eyes laid on Vegas standing there staring at the sight in front of him with wide eyes.

"Pete..." He simply uttered and without hesitation, I pushed the man off me and Vegas rushed to me when the knife dropped on the floor.

"Pete...What happened? Are you okay?" Vegas shook me with questions holding my hand checking if I was hurt or something, He was worried and anxious it was all written on his face.

"I'm...Scared" I said with a trembling voice using it as a cover for the truth, I can't say that I'm fine he will suspect me even more and to add to that he already saw the way the man was killed and it's hard to believe that someone would kill in this professional way at the first time not to mention he's a detective it easier for him to find out that I'm a pro at killing!

And now I'm more concerned about how I'm going to prevent him from involving the police! I can't go to the police station and get caught when start investigating me! I can't be reckless!

"It's okay...Take a deep breath and calm down, Don't panic you're safe now no one can hurt you" Vegas took me in his arms hugging my petite body against his muscular one, and whispered calming words in my ear.

"Vegas...Am I going to prison?" I asked pretending to be innocent I can't risk my life like that I was already shaking internally afraid of how am I going to deal with what was awaiting me if it wasn't for Vegas I would have managed to deal with it myself and I hid the body and get it over before someone would witness.

If it was another person other than Vegas I would've killed him along with the guy and buried both of them for witnessing my crime!

"No baby you won't! Look at me..." He said softly caressing my face and turning it to him as I looked at him with watery eyes.

"Can you tell me what happened? I promise you'll be okay" Vegas locked eyes with me while trying to soothe me, I knew he was trying to help but still I had to be careful.

"I...I don't know...I just...I just thought it was you at the door so when I opened...He started attacking me and pinned me to the floor...He was going to stab me And I was scared to death so I defended myself and stabbed him in any spot came in contact with the knife I just wanted to survive...I was terrified!" I shuttred with words and my voice broke down as I burst into tears.

I guess I should apply for an acting job because I can do a brilliant performance at this rate...Never knew that I had such acting skills!

"It's okay just take a deep breath everything is going to be alright, Nothing gonna happen to you" Vegas assured me patting my back softly, I gotta admit that he's caring and kind.