The door opens and Aegon steps in, taking in the sight of his wife crying and groaning from the pain. His hair is messy, his eyes are red and he looks devasted.

"Brother." his sister stands up from the bed.

"Is she dying?" the King whispers to her, holding back the tears from flowing down his cheeks.

Helaena sighs, "I do not want to think of the worst, but...there is a chance-" she is interrupted by another scream.

Aegon nods and walks past her, kneeling down by his wife's side, "My love." he caresses her forehead.

"Aegon." she breathes out, taking his hand from her head, clutching it in her own.

His heart breaks as she watches her. What will he do if she dies? How will he survive on his own?

"Do not leave me, please...I beg you." he sobs, kissing her palm.

"I am afraid, Aegon...I am afraid." she cries, groaning again in pain as a midwife inspects her.

"Call the maester!" the woman screams, making the King look at her scared.

"What happened? Is she alright? Tell me she is-" he begins to say, but Reina's voice interrupts him.

"I don't want to die. I don't want to die." she repeats, her words tearing at his heart.

He kisses her forehead and whispers, "I will not let you die, I promise you."

The maester bursts into the chamber, kneeling in front of her.

"Gods." he whispers, "I see the head!" the man announces.

"What?" Aegon asks.

"Our prayers had been heard, Your Grace."

The King laughs, looking down at his wife, "Reina, my love, you will survive. We will have another baby, we will be happy."

She shakes her head as she pushes.

"Push, Reina." Helaena says.

"The baby is almost coming out!" the maester informs them, making Aegon smile.

"You heard the maester, Reina? Our baby is almost here." he kisses her sweaty forehead.

Reina screams in pain as she pushes, wanting to just give birth already.

"I am sure is a girl, Your Grace. Only girls can cause this kind of trouble." the maester tries to joke, but he earns a glare from Aegon.

"Shut up!" Reina screams again, breathing heavily. She tries to say something, but another scream stops her.

"Push, my dear." the man between her legs yells.

"Yes, Reina. Listen to the maester." Helaena speaks, grabbing a wet cloth, wiping away some sweat from her neck and face.

With one more excruciating scream, Reina collapses on the bed, with her eyes closed. Aegon panics and slaps her cheek, thinking she fainted.

"Fuck you, Aegon." she whispers, making Aegon stop. His slaps were gentle, not hurting her. "You put me through this!"

"Shh.." he whispers back, kissing her hand again.

After more pushes and more screams, the maester yells, "One more time. One more time!"

Reina sighs and pushes harder than ever, screaming loudly, probably being heard by the whole capital.

A baby crying fills the room, making her smile weakly. Helaena giggles and congratulates the woman.