60

LA Hospital - 4:30pm

i grabbed my belongings after clocking out and i went around the front desk to be sure i left out of everything on the computer. my work here is done, i can't stay any longer. i have plans tonight. i'm sure my baba is waiting for me to get home.

once i saw it was all clear i said goodbye to those in sight and headed to my moms office. i need to get an update on the mya situation. i've been hoping and praying that it all works in myas favor.

"hey mommy."

"hey baby. how was your day?"

"well. i got a new patient and he's such a cute little bug." they're all cute little babies.

"aw that's cute. what brings you by?"

"mya. have they decided what to do?" my eyes scanned her face as she was typing away on the keyboard. this woman can work her butt off but likes to talk about me.

"oh yes. at first they wanted to take her so i was packing some stuff for her. but the same night they called and said that she could stay but they'll be doing random pop ups. they also want to do a visit at you guys place to be sure she's safe in every environment. i'm thinking it has something to do with what that girl said. she thinking she giving good info and they're thinking otherwise."

"mm. well that's great actually. it's no problem with them checking our place. i'll have to let beyoncé know."

"yes, do that. i would suggest you two make one room you guys' and the other hers. just for the pop up."

"think they'll trip about that?"

"you never know."

right. they would probably try to make it a big deal that she's sleeping in our beds. the system has its ways of being messed up.

"true. well we'll work on that. thank you."

"no problem. see you later."

"later." i left and made my way to the parking lot. i'm a little bit tired but that'll have to be pushed to the back of my mind. it's the end of the week so all of my tiredness is coming together. hopefully beyonce has a lot energy. that'll give me a good boost.

which i'm sure she does. it's beyoncé.

the drive home was fine. of course the curbs were in my way but it was all good and i safely got there. beyoncé called me like twice i'm pretty sure trying to see if i took overtime. i wouldn't dare.

when i walked inside the house she was sitting on the couch biting at her nails. i smiled small as she looked at me with some relief.

"hey baba." i walked to her, bending down to give her a kiss. she tried pulling me in but i didn't want to since i still have these scrubs on. i've been puked on like twice. "i thought you would've been getting ready."

"i did everything, i just have to get dressed."

"oh ok. well let me go get ready." i pecked her lips and walked to my room.

oh crap i forgot to tell her about the mya thing. having random caseworkers pop up is gonna be weird. hopefully they just pop up here once. it's not like we're gonna be here every time. most likely one of us will be gone. if not both.

i went straight to the shower after plugging in my curlers. two birds one stone, yes?

since i knew i could take forever i tried not to spend a lot of time washing myself. i shaved and everything yesterday since i knew i would have the most limited time. literally an hour and a half.