52

mama tina's place - 6am

blue must have really missed us. she's been down here since we got here and i swear she's hilarious. ms.tina called us over, made us breakfast and stuff. i'm just patiently waiting for a conversation to be brought up.

it's pretty obvious that's what we're here for. she's being extra nice. i usually feel a bit off around her but todays different. i'm not sure if bey told her how i felt, and i wouldn't be surprised if she did.

i just hope all goes well.

"blue how'd you get your car taken?" i glanced at her from the plate in front of me. it's just her, bey and i right now. i'm quite shocked that she got this car taken thoguh. but i can't say i'm just sooo surprised. it's blue.

"mcht, mama be on me. she be believing them teachers and stuff. ms.fenty always on my dick." oh. what a choice of words.

"blue ivy!!" ms. tina yelled from the kitchen making me chuckle. blue is hilarious in a bad kid way.

"for real though. she love to call mama like i just be bothering her. there's plenty of kids that sit in the parking lot a couple minutes after school before they actually leave. i sit out there with my friend and now it's a problem." she made a face. i shook my head. sounds like ms.fenty is just picking. plus what's the worst that can be done in a school parking lot?

"and little blue knows that the school parking lot is to be cleared by a certain time. so no matter if everyone else is doing it, she should do what she's supposed to do. yes?" ms tina raised her eyebrow coming to the table now. that is a bit true. but if others have been doing it why say something when a specific child does it? i feel like ms fenty is bothering her purposely. but i can't even say that because before this whole mya thing, blue was getting in trouble.

"mama gon always chose they side."

"no. i never said you were in the complete wrong. you just know right from wrong. and when i asked you what you were doing you avoided the question." mmm. so what was blue really doing? i'm sure if i ask later she'll tell me. probably a girl.

"i didn't avoid it mama there was just nothing to say because i was doing nothing. juju." she turned to bey. aw that's such a cute name. why have i never heard it before?

"baba." bey turned to blue. i scrunched my face some. baba? that's what i call her. bey looked at me and chuckled. "i forgot to tell you that's what we called blue when she was younger."

"now it feels weird." i mumbled some thinking of all the times i've called her that in a nasty way. that was a child's name... and i've called her that while she was-

"she can keep that name i hate it." blue fake gagged making me chuckle. when kids get older they never like their childhood nicknames. i actually like when my dad calls me pumpkin.

it's cute.

"plus it's been years since i heard it so don't." blue pointed at bey. they're always arguing it's funny. ms tina doesn't even stop them as much anymore. it'll be beyond pointless.

"how do you guys like the food?" tina asked but i knew she was mainly talking about me. so i looked up and let her know it was great. she cooks really well no matter what it is. i've had her food a couple times and it's always enjoyable. "so..." she took a bite.

i sat my fork down so i could listen. this is where the conversation starts. i was just patiently waiting. i've had time to think over anything she would ask. prepared myself.

"i was thinking that we should have a talk."

"yes ma'am."

"i mean us parents."