49

o + b residence - 4pm

i picked mya up from school like she asked. early this morning she called as she worked out. asked me to come get her and drop her off to school then said i needed to be here to pick her up. so here i am.

she was taking so damn long, i was about to go inside. but she eventually came running out. i unlocked the doors so she could get in, all smiles.

"hi yoncé!"

"hey babe. how was school?" i let her get buckled up before pulling off. she dug in her backpack for a minute before handing me a slip of paper. as i drove i glanced at it a couple times. "you wanna do it?" it's a food drive, you go out and feed those in need. it'll be nice.

"yes please."

"ok. we can. how was school though?"

"it was okay. not the best."

"anything happen to make it that way?"

"noo. just one of those days."

"mmmm. that's understandable babe." i nodded. her birthday is coming around soon, i'm very excited. a couple months from now. onika had said something about it this morning during workouts.

we have to get to planning early so it'll all be together when the time rolls around. then we won't be having to keep secrets and all that last minute. she's gonna be nine. the way she acts, you'll think she was already a pre teen.

"you want something from popeyes? onika wants that."

"yes."

onika should be home by now. when i called her during her break she was complaining about wanting popeyes. so i'm gonna take her some home. i would've got up and had lunch with her but i had to work on some things with the cheer coach.

winter break is almost over meaning we're about to start training again. i'm sure mya will be so excited once she realizes it. she's been working out on her own and stuff.

once we got the food we went back home and as expected onika was there. she was laid out on the couch though. aw. i'm sure she's tired. it must be getting back busy at the hospital.

well it is getting cold so there's the flu and all these sicknesses. a lot to deal with.

i sat the food on the counter before going to her. getting on the floor by her face, i kissed her cheek.

"nooo, don't do that. i've been with sick people all day. germs."

"come on, i'll run you a bath."

"you don't have to. i'm just gonna lay here for a bit. my feet hurt."

"but you said germs so let's go wash them off. i know you're tired, you need to get in the bed. i'll carry you." i smoothed her hair back and got up going to her bathroom. she hadn't even came in here yet i could tell. running her bath water, i added that salt to ease her muscles and also some soothing oils.

they smell so good.

while that ran i got her off the couch and sat her on the bathroom counter. mya had ran and got in onikas bed while i did so. removing her clothes so she could get in the water.

she sunk in, sighing at the feeling. the bubbles covered her entirely.

"how was work baby?"

"long. tiring. annoying. stressful. shall i continue?"

"if you feel like you want to, go ahead."

i love when she complains about work. it's just something about it that makes me smile. she's super cute when she does it.