31

cheer practice gym - 5am

i am so tired. just got off of work and i'm already in active mode. mya had to be here so early so she could begin practice before the performance time which is soo much later. this cheer life is killing me. we've been having to bring her back and forth here all week plus some, and also having to prepare her.

so gym time, eating schedules and all that jazz that i don't know about. apparently she didn't want to be hungry nor full when it came time to perform so we had specific times that we ate so she could be used to it by this day.

it's crazy if you ask me.

i'm still in my scrubs, sketchers and stuff. literally picked mya up then came straight here. beyoncé is helping the coaches plus parents since she's like one of them. she's been taking care of a lot of myas things like uniforms, bows, shoes.

all of it is expensive i know that much.

"nika can you put my wrap on?"

"mya i honestly don't think you should perform when you have to wear a wrap." i bent down to the floor so i could put it on her. her and bey keep telling me it's normal for cheerleaders to wear braces or wraps to protect themselves but i don't think so.

i saw when mya fell on her knee. it's okay now, i just don't want her to hurt herself even more. they say i'm dramatic though so i stopped saying something every time. except for now.

"i'm okay."

"yea but what if you fall again? or what if it starts to hurt while you're performing?"

"then i have to shake it off until after. nothing will happen."

"mya-"

"i'm okay nika, i swear. if i couldn't take it, i would tell you." she made sure she was looking dead at me when saying it. i sighed, clamping the wrap so it was secure before standing straight. i let it go. if everyone's saying she'll be okay then....i guess she'll be okay.

i'm just not used to the athletic world. i think after the first injury it should be over with. no more. because that right there should be proof that it's not safe.

she ran off to somewhere and i had to hold myself from calling out to her. she's too much of an active dare devil for me. why is she running with a knee wrap on? i told her nothing but walking before we even got here.

standing there as she stretched with everyone i felt like my mother must've felt when watching children play. she would always say her heart beat a couple times faster while watching. that's exactly how i feel right now. all these tiny kids running and flipping around.

they look smaller than what they actually were. and that's coming from someone who's been tiny her whole life. maybe that's how people felt about me. still feel....ive been mistaken for a high schooler before. it kind of offended me.

i'm already getting told by bey that i sound like her 15 year old sister....like seriously?

not long as i stood there, bey came up to me. she was in serious mode. it's performance day so i understand why everyone's running around like headless chicken. but they have so much time. it doesn't start until 6pm! it's not even 6am yet!

"you still here."

"yea i just brought mya."

"she's been here a good thirty."

"are you making me leave? hidin' something?"

"no. you just don't have to stay. we prefer all parents to leave while the girls get ready."