#𝟐𝟎 ! 🈺

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█  🉑  █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█  🉑  █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█

The next morning I wake up to a phone call buzzing underneath my pillow. I jolt awake when I realize it's Jungkook. Fuck, I'm too asleep for this.

I clear my throat and answer, trying my best to hide that I just woke up.

"Hey Koo! What's up?"

"You just woke up didn't you?"

Damnit, how'd he notice.

"Also Koo? Who said you can call me that lil bih?"

I gulp. "Sorry it just came out I'm— I'm half asleep."

"All good. How you cheek?"

"I took some painkillers last night and knocked out and haven't woken up until you called me so up until this point I'm okay so far. What about you? How are you feeling? How did you even get back from Shanghai so fast?"

"Yo' dad was the gang leader in Shanghai that threatened me. When Ludacris told me to stop bullshittin' and do the race, I realized that one of his men was tryna spy on me. I knew he would come down to hurt you if he found out. I had to come mad quick."

"So you didn't end up doing the race...?"

"Nah, and Snoop been triflin' on me so much my phone could be used as a vibrator. He gon' knock the shit outta me when I'm back in NYC."

I feel worry drowning me into the bottom of the ocean. "Jungkook why do you let him abuse you like that? You're probably much stronger than him."

"And who the fuck said I'm abused?"

"W-Well I just thought—"

"Don't be thinkin' NOTHIN' ever again. Fuck you talkin' bout. I ain't abused and you ain't no fucking therapist so stop tryna play the role Shen! You just lookin' like a fool."

I gulp and my lip begins to quiver, my eyes turning glossy. He really is cold hearted. But also, maybe he's just scared.

"Jungkook, look. I know it's hard for you to open up, and I totally understand. I-" I hear the phone hang up before I could even finish my sentence.

Well. I messed up.

I try calling him again but he declines almost immediately. I text him, but he leaves me on read. Everything I try doesn't work.

Tears drip down my eyes in a painful, sinking feeling of regret. The urge to over apologize and beg him to stay crawls around my brain like an itch that can't go away. I wipe my tears and step out of my bed, mindlessly putting on my slippers and going up to his apartment. I'm not even sure if he's home. I probably should have checked that.