Reconciliation

POV
Millie

I don't know why I do it but I push his hug away and straddle him. He's clearly surprised by my shift in behavior.

He looks up at me, and although it's dark out now, the reflection of the moon and polluted Los Angeles sky glistens on his green eyes.

He's searching my face trying to figure out what's going on in my mind, I spare him the thoughts and take both of my hands on either side of his face and bring my lips to his.

He accepts them with ease, our kiss starts off with closed lips and continues on with our tongues entangled, making up for lost time.

This is the happiest I've felt all week and even though I can't actually read his mind, I know the same is true for him.

He pulls me in closer wrapping an arm around my waist and the other still behind him supporting us. He breaks from the kiss only for a second, "fuck baby, I miss these lips," he says so seductively.

"I've missed yours," I say bringing my lips back to his full soft ones.

He sits us forward, taking both hands on either side of my waist, and flips us over so I'm lying underneath him.

The lust in his eyes are intense before he moves his lips to my neck causing me to shiver at the sensation.

He sucks and gently nips at my neck sending me into sexual overdrive.

The hardness I feel pushing into my leg snaps me out of the lust-filled moment we were just in.

The thought of him pushing that same dick into someone else only one week ago overtakes my mind.

X notices my shift and breaks away from our kiss. He doesn't say anything, just sits up, running his fingers through his hair.

"Sorry," he says breathlessly.

I glance at him, "I was the one that came on to you remember?"

He shrugs a shoulder.

"I should probably get going," I say looking out to the ocean.

"Yeah, okay." He says with a raspy voice.

We walk back together off of the beach and our eyes are set on the beautiful fountain. Neither one of us says a word we just bring our feet there.

The beautiful sound of the water continuously flowing from tier to tier is so calming.

I take a penny out of my purse and close my eyes thinking of a wish and then throwing it in.

X laughs and it's a sound I've missed.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Making a wish.." I say in an obvious tone.

He chuckles, "Got another penny?" He asks and ew that word penny brings me back to the awful date that only occurred an hour ago.

I push away the thoughts of it all, I want to just enjoy the sliver of happiness for a little while longer. I reach into my purse pulling out another penny and hand it to him.

He closes his eyes, requesting a wish in his head, and then throws it into the water.

He looks over to me, "What'd you wish for?" He asks.

"I can't tell you, it won't come true then," I say so matter of fact.

He chuckles, "Did you ever get that pony?"

I roll my eyes, "touché."

"What did you wish for?" I ask him wanting to know first.

"You," he says so simply and my heart accelerates.

"I wished that I could forgive you," I say quietly.

"Well, I hope both of our wishes can come true one day." He says with meaning behind the words.

"Me too," I say watching the water fall.

"Okay well, I should probably go now," I say breaking the moment we're having.

"Okay, goodnight Millie." He says softly and turns his back walking away.

The words escape me without thought, "So where are we meeting tomorrow?" I ask after him.

He stops at the words spoken, only turning his head with a slight smile, "same place?"

And we both go our separate ways for the night.