The deep end

POV
Julian

They've lost it.

These two have completely and utterly lost their minds loving each other.

I'm on my way to the second floor to drag my poor lady into this mess to keep X from going even further off the deep end. He's out of his actual mind right now and I need to be the mediator for them and for this house before it all comes crumbling down because of X's emotions.

I don't know what he expects to come from this. His and Millie's relationship is toxic to one another, because of him. I feel for Millie right now, I want her to sort out her feelings and get the space that not only she needs but also deserves, but X will not let that happen. He always has to be in control of every situation, it's been that way his whole life which makes him a good leader but an awful person at times. He's not in control of this situation, to be honest, he's completely out of control and he knows that. I understand that he fears if enough time passes that losing her would be solidified but at the same time if he doesn't leave her alone for at least a little while, that solidification would become the same result.

In my mind, I think their relationship is fucked. I don't know all the details of what happened when I left but I can just imagine what went down.

My question though is, how did Millie know where X was? In time, I'll find out.

I reach suite number 203 and bring my knuckles to the door knocking lightly.

No answer.

I knock again but with a little more force this time around.

I wait a few seconds before bringing my knuckles into contact again but the handle of the door begins to move.

It's Mia who stands in the doorway.

I scratch the back of my head, "Hey Mia, can you get Steph for me?" I ask to a sleepy, hooded-eyed Mia.

She scrunches her face, bringing her eyebrows towards each other, "Uh, she's not here." She says with a yawn.

"What do you mean she's not here? Where is she?" I ask concerned.

"I have no idea, she rushed in here not too long ago asking for my car keys but she was in a hurry so she didn't tell me anything." She explains.

"Fuck.." I say tensely, dragging my hands down my face.

"Is everything okay? What is going on..?" Mia asks anxiously.

"Yeah, yeah," I say quietly.

I leave a confused Mia in her doorway and make my way back to my place, walking nervously step after apprehensive step.

X is going to flip his shit.

I reach my door and take a deep breath, exhaling louder than I intended.

What a fucked day it's been already, and now more to come.

I walk in and X is sitting in the same spot, in the same depressed position.

I've never in my 30 years of existence seen X cry. It's actually an uncomfortable sight but I get it, if I just lost Steph in an instant I'd be crying like a fucking baby right now too.

I deliver the bad news to X and a switch visibly goes off in his head.

"She lied to me?! Stephanie fucking lied to my face?!" He roars out.

Shit....

"We don't know that X," I offer out.

He scoffs at me.

"Maybe she's out looking for her, don't make assumptions, especially about my lady, you're the one that fucked up here," I say without remorse.

"I know, okay! I fucking know!" X growls through clenched teeth, I wouldn't be surprised if he grinded his teeth off at this point.

"Call ray right fucking now to find them." He demands.

"Dude, it's like 6 in the morning..." I start to say but get cut off by my agitated friend.

"Call him now, I won't ask again." He threatens.

"Fine," I say with my hands up in surrender.

"When I get this information though X, don't go fucking up, I don't trust you right now." I say as sternly as I can and start to walk away into my in-home office, but not before I hear him say in a calmer tone,

"That makes two of us."

37 days: Holding on 2 broken promises जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें