Not so fast...

POV
X

Ghost freezes as soon as the gun touches his grimy, greasy skull.

"Where the fuck do you think you're goin..?" I spit out.

His rough cracked hands are on the handle of the white car.

"Slowly turn around with your hands in the air," I say full of power.

Thank fuck the gun was still laying on the asphalt just waiting to be used.

He ever so slowly removes his hand and guides both hands just on either side of his ears. I want to look this fucker in the eye when I send a bullet through that brainless head of his.

He looks behind me at the mess that was left not long ago because of him. My own guy fucking betrayed me.

"What did you do to her X?" He asks like a little bitch.

I laugh for a second and then immediately change my tone back to serious.

"Oh, now you're concerned about her? Now you care? You piece of shit fucking snake." I demand.

I bring the gun to his forehead and he doesn't move a single inch.

"Who else was in on this?" I ask hastily.

He pivots his dark, almost black eyes to the ground and closes his eyes. He doesn't want to be a snitch.

"What does it even fucking matter at this point Ghost? You know what happens next, we've done this plenty of times to others before." I say shrugging my shoulders as if it's a daily activity.

He stays quiet.

"Ugh," I grunt impatiently. "I'm waiting...who the fuck else was in on this? Snitch or not, your cell-less brain is going to be lying on the ground in about a minute anyway." I say matter of fact.

"Adria and Hugo" he quietly says with closed eyes.

"Yeah...that's what I thought," I say already assuming who but wanting it confirmed.

I click the safety off on the gun, ready to end this conniving fucker once and for all.

"Please X, I have a daughter." He whispers.

"Am I supposed to give a fuck?" I spit out.

What? The same daughter he basically abandoned twenty-some years ago and only sees a few times a year somewhere in the Vegas area? He should've thought of that before he fucked with me. I don't give a fuck if he has a daughter...

And something suddenly clicks in my head by that single word.

"A daughter."

"I have a daughter," I whisper.

I have a daughter.

It hits me like a ton of bricks at once.

"How could I be so fucking blind?" I ask myself.

"Uh...look X, I'm sorry I wanted to tell you for so long." Ghost says in a sympathetic tone.

"Shut the fuck up," I whisper out, thinking to myself.

How did I not know this sooner? No private investigator could know where Millie is but I do, I know where my girl is simply just by knowing her.

"Give me your keys" I speak at a louder volume than my previous statements.

"What?" Ghost asks confused with worry.

"Give me your keys and I'll let you see another day," I demand.

I put the safety back on the gun and lower it to my side impatiently waiting for Ghost's keys.

I snatch them out of his hand as soon as they are pulled from his pocket.

"Get the fuck out of my face and get the fuck out of my way, I never want to see you back here again," I say meaning it.