Close call

POV
Ghost

That was a close one in a couple of different ways.

I almost just got my head blown off and I almost admitted my real secret to him that I intend to take to the grave with me.

I watch X speed off, squealing my brand-new tires in my brand-new car.

"Fucker" I say to myself, shaking my head.

I don't know what sort of realization he just had and I don't care I just need to get the fuck out of here.

I walk back to the house getting my keys to the other car I have here.

Once I've retrieved them I take one last glance around the house, the home that I built with my now long-gone partners.

I get into my blue Corvette and bring the engine to life as it roars a sound I love. I exit from the tall black gate bring my arm out the window and extend my middle finger to the house. "Fuck you, Sunset Avenue," I say to no one but myself.

Plans have changed, I need to go off the grid, I can't go to Arizona anymore, there's not enough time.

Airport, I need to get to the airport.

I know X, he'll come after me eventually which is why Enzo told his girlfriend Stephanie, he was moving to Madrid, he didn't, he moved to a secret location 6ft under after betraying X for something.

I pull out my cell phone to call Gabrielle, no answer. It's still early so she's probably sleeping. I call Gina instead, and she answers by the third ring.

"What is it Ghost?" She asks annoyed through the line.

"I need to talk to Gabrielle," I explain.

"She's sleeping." She says.

"Wake her up!" I demand.

"Ugh, what happened now?" She asks in the same tone.

Jesus Gina, she annoys the hell out of me sometimes. At one point I loved her the way X loves Millie. She was a married woman but our connection with one another was undeniable. We'd sneak off together when her husband was away on business. One day she told me she fell pregnant, which is now a beautiful Gabrielle. Her husband would've killed us had he known, so she packed up and left. I visited her from time to time and gave her money to get by. Eventually, things just couldn't work out in our favor and our secret relationship ended. She found another man a few years later and lives a boring conventional life now with another two kids. She's become a bitchy old hag, still a goddamn goddess but a bitch that hates when I come around.

"Just get her on the phone." I spit out.

"No, tell me right now." She demands.

"I need to leave the country, I have to go into hiding Gina," I explain in one breath.

"So today's the day huh, I guess they don't call you Ghost for nothing." She says almost in a humorous tone.

"I'll get her, but answer me this, who'd you piss off that badly that you need to leave the country?" She asks curiously.

"Your son"