Not the hero

POV
Millie

I get back to the hotel around 5 pm after meeting up with Chase. I was hoping to get things off my mind but it backfired on me.

I'm happy for Chase, I'm happy that he and Jessie have been seeing each other but it makes me feel envious at the same time. I couldn't care less that Chase is seeing someone else, I care that everyone else in the world seems to be having a thriving relationship with someone and then there's me.

I need my girls to get me out of this rut I'm in.

Ten minutes later Steph comes walking through the door looking exhausted.

"You good?" I ask her.

"Hmm? Yeah. I'm great, why?" She asks.

"You look like a zombie right now Steph," I say.

"Gee thanks, Mills," she says rolling her eyes.

I laugh, "That's not what I meant."

"Yeah, yeah." She says.

"The girls should be here any minute, Mia can't come tonight she's on a date," Steph says.

"What?! With who?" I ask all excited but feeling sorry for myself at the same time.

"I don't know, some guy from online," she says.

I shrug my shoulders.

There's a knock on the door and I open it revealing Alina and Ellie.

"Millie!" They say hugging me.

"How are you, honey?" Alina asks me petting my hair.

"Heartbreak looks good on you," Ellie says.

"Uh..thanks..I think," I say confused.

"Oh my god Ellie, what is wrong with you?" Alina nudges her arm.

I laugh, I have a good sense of humor so I don't take it any other way than comical.

"Wow, this place is incredible!" Alina says looking around.

"Yeah.." I say quietly.

We all sit on the couch and I turn on the fireplace handing out red wine with glasses.

"How have you been holding up?" Ellie asks me.

I shrug my shoulders, "I'm not really," I say being honest.

Ellie rubs my leg in a comforting manner.

"I'm sorry," she whispers.

"Yeah Millie, me too, you know you can come back if you want, you won't have to see X," Alina says.

I swear you just can't have it all, Alina is drop-dead gorgeous but my god is she stupid sometimes.

"Yeah, no I'm not going back there Alina," I say while shaking my head.

"Why not? Ghost left, Penelope got fired and Adria is not allowed anywhere near X or she's fired too." Alina explains.

"What?" I ask so confused.

"X got rid of them, well, I heard Ghost left on his own but he'd be stupid to stick around." Ellie takes over.

What does it even matter at this point? What does it matter if Penelope stays, if Adria doesn't approach X? If Ghost is gone..what does any of this change? It changes nothing.

At the end of the day, it's X who fucked up. These girls are shittier than shit but when it comes down to it, any woman would jump at the opportunity to sleep with X, so no, I don't blame them, I blame him. His priorities were all wrong, that deal meant more to him than I did and that's what hurts the most. I was disposable through and through.

I excuse myself for a minute and make a phone call in my bedroom.

He picks up by the third ring.

"Hey, do you want to go out with me Saturday night?" I ask through the line.

"I'd love to," Nick says.

We hang up and I go back out to the girls who are looking confused.

Steph has been awfully quiet tonight I don't know what her deal is.

"You okay Millie? I'm sorry I brought it up," Ellie says.

"No Ellie, it's fine, besides, I'm going on a date with my hot new coworker on Saturday night," I say proudly.

Steph furrows her eyebrows like she's disappointed.

"Don't you think it might be too soon Mills? I mean it hasn't even been a week since you and X ended things." Steph finally speaks.

"So what?" I say in a snappy tone.

"Okay," Steph says giving up.

It's really awkward in the suite right now and this isn't going according to plan. It's supposed to be a fun night and it's turned into X taking over like it always freaking does.

I honestly don't know what possessed me to ask out Nick. I'm already feeling a little regretful about it as my anger starts to subside.

I should've been happy to hear about X getting rid of the rats but something in me just snapped. Alina and Ellie made him out to be a hero because he fired them. He's not the hero, he fucked up and he's still made out to be a god and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

"Enough about X you guys, he's dead to me," I say way too harshly.

Steph stands up and walks into her room crying.

What the fuck is going on?!