The aftermath

POV
X

I slowly wake up confused and with wetness on my skin.

Sweat?

"X?" I hear someone ask.

"Baby? Is that you?" I ask maybe out loud or maybe in my mind, I can't tell.

"No, it's Evelyn, I'm here with Dr. Adams, do you know where you are?" A girl says.

"Millie?" I ask out.

"No X, it's Evelyn, I need you to try to wake up a little more and focus on my questions the best you can okay?" I think Millie asks.

"Okay baby," I say.

I hear talking but can't make anything out, I fall back into comfortable sleep but I get slapped.

"What the fuck" I groggily say.

"X, man it's me Julian, wake up man, stay with us," I hear Julian say but it's hard to stay awake I just want to sleep.

"Xavier, I'm Dr. Adams, do you know what happened?" Some annoying man says too loudly.

My head is pounding and I just want to go back to sleep but people keeping talking to me.

"Go away" I manage to get out of my mouth.

"Millie come here," I say.

"Who is Millie?" The girl asks.

"You baby" I say.

"Millie is X's girlfriend or ex girlfriend, I don't know how to explain her anymore." I think Julian says.

"Ex girlfriend?" I ask while drifting back into sleep.

I get slapped again.

This time I wake up a little more than before.

"Would you stop?" I say to whoever slapped me and then close my eyes again.

"Xavier, it's important that you wake up," the loud man says again.

I try my hardest to wake up more so they'll get whatever they need from me and go away so I can sleep.

"Ugh," I grunt lazily.

"His vitals are okay, let's give him a few more minutes to snap out of it." Loud man says.

I drift off to sleep again and this time no one interrupts it.

I think I'm dreaming right now, I feel so at peace, I'm so happy and feel as light as a feather. I like this, I like the serenity that I'm feeling. I want to stay like this forev...

I gasp for air.

Pain, heaviness and hurting take over and the loud voices are back.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Is he okay? You got him back? Fuck! What the fuck!" I hear Julian say, is he talking about me?

"Yes, he's back, he's back," loud man says.

My eyes feel as though they're sealed shut but I can hear everything around me.

"He's stable for now you guys but we need to keep a very close eye on him," the girl says.

"I'm going to make a phone call, if he wakes up I want to know immediately. I want to do an assessment for brain damage." Loud man says.

"Brain damage? Are you fucking kidding me? He could have brain damage?" Julian asks someone.

"I just want an assessment, it's common to be confused after an overdose but at the same time we did just lose him." The man says.

I overdosed?

Lost him?

I'm so confused right now and I can't seem to process anything, I try to open my eyes, I try to open my mouth to say something but nothing happens.

I try again, and again and again

"Mmm" is all I manage to get out.