Shadow smirk remained "I see so I am the fourth choice?"

"You were my first but I was too afraid to pick up the phone" She rolled her eyes "Fine, but I have a matter we must attend to first before we get on with our search. I also need to consult Celia—she knows the best jewellers in all of Gotham"

"Remember this is on a college students budget so...ah screw it, go nuts, my girl deserves the best. I'll pay my dues later"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

WALLY WEST HAD BEEN THE FIRST PERSON SHADOW HAD TOLD ABOUT HER PARENTAL HERITAGE. IT WAS IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE MOMENT AND HE WAS SURE IF IT WERE ANY OTHER DAY, SHE'D STICK TO HER SILENT STANCE. But, somehow that moment had her be open to him a lot more and he realised all she needed was a friend.

Athena didn't tell many things to Richard Grayson as one may have believed. Often times due to believing that loving a person didn't always mean it was easy to open up to them; often due to being ashamed of herself. Though she'd never admit it out loud.

So when she learned of the existence of her grand father and that burden weighing on her chest, she talked to Wally and he simply listened, making a few ridiculous comments here and there but she supposed she was thankful for those.

They stood in front of some fancy Gotham building and entered a luxurious penthouse on the top floor. They were met with a sight of a bald, macabre butler who welcomed them inside and went off to inform his master.

"So you're like mega loaded rich now?" Wally questioned as he munched in one of the cookies laid out for them. Athena rolled her eyes "It's not mine and will you knock off with the incessant chewing?"

"I can't help it—these are great"

"The secret is a dash of demon blood" Wally immediately spat them out and cleared his throat. Shadow sent him a subtle glare and sighed to herself; she was already anxious enough as it is.

The dark skinned man gave a suspiciously gleeful chuckle "I kid, of course" Wally sent a wary smile back, goosebumps rose at the back of his neck. The place, it had a pretty dark vibe. One he was initially trying to ignore but now all he could taste on his tongue was actual metallic flavour and boy was he scared for his life.

"He wishes to speak with you alone" Shadow nodded, and walked inside the study down the hall.

Now one might argue about just how lavish the penthouse truly was. It had hues of wood, maroon and an overall darker theme than usual with the large ogival arched windows providing all the Gotham city sunlight. Gleaming chandeliers, large family portraits with gold frames of people who seemed like something the greeks had carved and Da Vinci had painted. Soft tunes of jazz played in the background as Wally observed the hall where Shadow went down.

The entire thing took less than an hour, all she had done was give a few files but to Wally it felt like centuries.

There was an uncomfortable silence when the butler returned and simply stood almost like some sort of strange solider and Wally being...Wally had the itching need to make a conversation "So uh...do you use your own blood or is there some demon blood bank—uh convenience store?" He let out a nervous chuckle that died halfway down when he noted his blank stare.

After a few beats he spoke up and Wally swore he jumped out of his skin "It seems my little limerick has frightened you so, I apologise. Would you like something else, Mister West?" The red head gulped, shaking his head "Nope. Nah" He returned his gaze back to the hall. His thoughts raced faster than his feet and he couldn't help but wonder out loud "It's been a while. What do you think they're talking about?"