60

"You are very unwell, Your Grace," the Maester said, his old eyes peering over her. "I have not seen anything like this," he mumbled. Raina's eyes shifted to Roderick.

"Do you know what's wrong with her?" Roderick asked, causing the Maester to shake his head. They didn't know what was wrong. Raina had come to the conclusion that it was because the whispers had ceased in the last three days, leaving her with the same empty mind. She also realized that this was the second loss.

She understood what was happening; there was no stopping it. She could feel it. Her skin felt like it was on fire, her vision was blurry, her throat burned, and she was both cold and too hot to cover up.

"Thank you, you may go," Raina said. The Maester looked down and nodded before walking away. Her eyes then met Roderick's as he began to pace the room.

"You have to sit on the throne today, Raina. You can barely walk!" he said. Raina just looked at him as she let out a breath. The whispers had been cruel to her—so much work, and she only gets a few days.

"Your children arrived this morning along with a very angry letter from Daemon. But if something happens to you, what's to stop them from killing them?" he said. Raina closed her eyes.

"You and Alden will bring them back to Dragonstone to their father," Raina said as her eyes moved to meet his. They welled with tears, but she was not crying. Raina watched as Roderick reached out his hand, only to let out a hiss when he touched it. She looked at his hand—there was blood, and it was burning him.

"I feel as if there is no time to wait," Raina mumbled, looking up at him. "I don't wish for them to see me like this. Wyrion will remember it. I don't want to burden his little mind like that. Take them back and take the dragons with you," she said, making Roderick look at her as if she was going mad.

"You're not going to die, Raina, so stop talking like you are," he said. Raina knew she was. She felt it, they had told her for years. At 17 years old, she was so tired, she was ready. The thought didn't bother her anymore.

"My children would claim my dragons," Raina said with a nod. "And you must keep them safe, keep the line pure. One of my daughters must marry one of my sons, and my other, you must tell Daemon I wish for her, as the last thing I did, to marry his son Aegon," she said. Roderick looked down.

"If that is what you wish," Roderick said. Raina nodded as she watched him move away and out the door. When the door closed, she let out a huff as tears finally came to her eyes, mixing with the dried blood.

Raina sat there. She didn't know for how long, but as time passed, her body grew hotter, her breathing came out in huffs. With a deep breath, she pulled herself up, forcing her shaky legs to walk out of the room and slowly down the hall until she reached the doors

As she entered the throne room, the room fell silent at the sight of her, sending a wave of shock through everyone. The guards holding her family on their knees let go and looked at her with wide eyes.

Aegon was the first to his feet, followed by Aemond. The looks on their faces would have made Raina laugh, but it hurt too much.

"Raina," Aegon said, looking her over. That's when Alicent stood along with Otto to look at her. Her hand flew to her mouth in shock, and Otto couldn't hide his look of surprise.

Raina let out a laugh, only to choke, blood coming out from her mouth and down her lip. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes for a moment before taking a step forward and looking at them.

"You listen to me," Raina hissed as she looked at Aegon. "You won't have it for long. They are coming! And whether I am living or dying, I will sit on that damn throne!" she hissed as she took slow steps toward them.

"I will kill you! I will kill all of you!" Raina hissed. Her mind was speaking crazily, but now Raina did not care. "Are you happy with what you have done!? Your nephew is dead! Your niece is dying, and for what!? So you could sit on a throne that wasn't yours!" she hissed, pointing at him.

"Nor is it yours!" she spat, looking at Aemond. "And it was not yours to give to ANYONE!" she hissed, looking at Alicent and Otto. Raina's vision started to blur as she took a step back and looked up.

"Kill them," she whispered, her breathing coming out in harsher huffs. "KILL THEM~AHHHHH!" She felt it come out, It was hot, so hot, she could make out the red flickering above her. She never stopped screaming, but it was not of pain, it was anger and sadness.

Before anything could be done to get her out of the flames that had burst out of her body. She gave out, falling to the floor, as darkness fell over her. The only thing she could hear was a faint whisper.

"Welcome home, Raina of the Gods storm, and flame."