3

Raina hurriedly made her way through the corridors of the Red Keep until she reached her father's room. With a gentle knock, she cautiously pushed open the door.

"Father?" she softly called out, approaching his bed. Her father quickly sat up, blinking his eyes and gazing down at her.

"Raina, what's the matter?" he asked, moving closer to her. "Are you alright?" It was then that he noticed her teary eyes, shimmering with unshed tears.

"They won't stop bothering me, Father," Raina whispered, her voice barely audible. Not hearing her clearly, Laenor leaned in closer.

"What?" he inquired, concern etched on his face. He had never seen his daughter cry before, except for that day when she was sent to live with his parents as a mere infant. "Raina, my dear, what's-"

"Can I stay with you?" Raina interrupted, her small hands clenched tightly onto her gown. Laenor tenderly picked her up and placed her on the bed, pulling her close as he lay down. It didn't take long for her to drift off to sleep.

"Raina, my sweet," she heard a soft voice say. "Wake up, my love." It was her father's voice. Raina slowly opened her eyes, glancing at her father, then shook her head and closed them again. Laenor let out a small chuckle.

"Your grandfather is looking for you," he said. Raina opened her eyes and sat up with a sigh.

"Why?" she asked, rubbing her tired eyes.

"Well, he..." Laenor was interrupted by a knock on the door. Both of their eyes turned towards it as it swung open, revealing her brothers and Rhaenyra. This was the first time Raina had seen her since she arrived three days ago.

"Raina," Rhaenyra said as she looked at her. Raina looked down, gripping the covers tightly, as she heard a faint whisper She tried to push then back but couldn't

"whore"

"bastered!" they whispered

"Rhaenyra," Raina whispered. Rhaenyra's eyes flickered slightly upon hearing her name. Laenor cleared his throat, breaking the silence, and turned his gaze towards the maid who had just entered the room.

"Get a dress for Raina, please," he requested, and the maid nodded in response.

"Raina!" Luke exclaimed, approaching her. "Do you know how to dance?" Raina furrowed her brows at the unexpected question. Why did he want to know that?

"Huh?" Raina replied, looking at him in confusion.

"Don't be ridiculous, Luke. She's only five. Of course, she doesn't know how to dance," Jaca interjected. Raina's head snapped towards him. How dare he assume she couldn't dance? Wasn't she good enough?

"I can dance!" she asserted, her voice filled with determination. Jaca looked at her, his eyebrows furrowing in question.

"Then, can you teach Luke how to dance?" he asked. Raina glanced at Luke and then back at Jaca, just as the maid entered the room. The maid swiftly handed Raina the dress, and Raina hurriedly put it on.

"Grandfather is looking for me!" Raina exclaimed, rushing out of the room, and as she left, she could hear Jaca's laughter behind her.

As she scanned the bustling hall, her gaze finally landed on her grandfather. She approached him, arms crossed, as he looked down at her, a warm smile spreading across his face.

"Grandfather," she addressed him, earning an inquisitive raise of his eyebrows. "Will you teach me how to dance?" Her question hung in the air as her attention was drawn towards the Strongs.

"Lord Strong, Ser Strong," she greeted them, a smile illuminating her face. They returned her smile, acknowledging the princess that had been the talk of the realm since her arrival a few days prior. It was easy to see why - her beauty was undeniable, her smooth, tanned skin, long white hair cascading in tiny curls around her face, and striking blue eyes were captivating.