7

Raina slowly made her way along the beach, her steps measured and deliberate. As she approached the serene yet icy waters, tears streamed down her face from her swollen, red eyes. Her gaze fixated on the vast expanse of water, longing to be reunited with her departed father.

"Stay strong, Raina," whispered a voice, barely audible amidst the crashing waves. But she paid no heed, for a strong mind seemed futile in her current despair. All she desired was to be with her beloved father.

Releasing the cover that concealed her delicate, white nightdress, she allowed the wind to tousle her long, flowing white locks. With each step forward, her feet encountered the chilling embrace of the water. Though it felt like tiny knives piercing her skin, she disregarded the discomfort and continued onward. The water rose until it reached her hips, as her cascading hair floated gently atop the water's surface.

"Raina!" she heard her brothers' urgent voices calling out to her. "Come back! You'll catch a cold!" Ignoring their pleas, she pressed on, venturing deeper into the water until it reached the base of her chest. "Fetch Mother!" one of her brothers urgently shouted.

Raina's teeth chattered uncontrollably as she reached out her trembling hands, running them through the frigid water. Gazing upwards at the starless sky, the wind intensified, causing the waves to crash with greater force. In the distance, flashes of lightning illuminated the horizon, accompanied by the rumbling of thunder.

"Take me," she whispered, her body convulsing from the bitter cold, her breath escaping in white puffs. "Please," she pleaded, her voice carrying on the wind.

"Raina!" her grandmother's voice pierced through the chaotic scene. "Come out of the water, please!" she yelled desperately, her concerned gaze fixed upon the shivering figure. Along the shoreline stood her siblings, Rhaenyra, and her grandparents, and damon, all of whom she disregarded as she turned her attention back to the water.

"Take me!" she cried out, her voice growing stronger as she extended her hand over the turbulent surface.

"Raina, come here!" they pleaded, astonishment evident in their voices as they observed how far she had ventured into the icy depths.

"TAKE ME!" she screamed, her voice echoing across the water. The lightning struck closer, the thunder intensifying, as the crashing waves grew more violent.

Raina's gaze fixed upon the enormous wave looming ahead, its presence magnified by the electrifying brightness of the lightning that illuminated the sky. Glancing back at her family on the beach, their expressions etched with terror, she realized they too had witnessed the approaching danger.

"Raina!" her mama's piercing scream echoed across the shoreline. In a desperate attempt to save her, she hastily gathered her dress and rushed towards the water. However, time betrayed her, for it was too late. Raina closed her eyes, bracing herself as the relentless force of the wave crashed upon her, engulfing her and pulling her into the depths of the ocean.
.
.
In that moment, there was a surreal void, devoid of pain or sound. Raina's eyes fluttered open, revealing a mesmerizing expanse of illuminated blue all around her. It was a breathtaking sight, imbued with a serene beauty.

A soft whisper reached her ears, barely audible yet filled with profound meaning. "Raina," it urged, "remember."

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass," the voice continued, each word resonating deep within her soul. "Put on your armor. Listen to the dance of the rain. Show your strength."