37

Raina stood in the courtyard with Aerion on her hip. Her eyes were fixed on Wyrion, who held a wooden sword in his hand. One of her knights, also wielding a wooden sword, knelt beside them.

"Aunt Raina!" Raina turned her head and saw Ali and her son approaching. Raina had freed Ali from slavery, and she hadn't been a slave since her son was born. Ali had moved back to King's Landing and married the man who fathered her child.

"Eli, Ali!" Raina greeted them with a smile. "Look how big you've gotten," she said, her eyes filled with affection. Eli smiled back at her.

"We can't stay," Ali said, returning Raina's smile. "But we wanted to see you." Raina pulled Ali into a warm hug.

"Well, I'm glad you came," Raina said, pulling back to look at her. "Eli, I missed your nameday, so here," she said, handing him a couple of coins.

"Raina," Daemon called out as he walked towards them.

"We'll be on our way," Ali said, nodding at Raina. "Prince Daemon," she acknowledged before walking off.

"He's a bit young for that," Daemon commented, looking at Wyrion. Raina glanced at him, a smile playing on her lips.

"He insisted on doing it," Raina explained. "Says he wants to be as good as his father when he grows up." Daemon smiled warmly.

"Well, he will be good," Daemon nodded. "If he takes after his mother, gods know you've put me on my ass a few times," he teased. Raina smiled and looked up at him.

"The element of surprise, dear husband, goes a long way," she playfully retorted.

"It's nearly dinner; they need to get ready," Daemon reminded her. Raina nodded, calling for Wyrion.

"We will meet you in the dining hall," Raina said as she walked off to prepare. It didn't take long for the three of them to get ready and make their way down the hall.

"Raina," whispered voices spoke. "You have men here who bear your ring. Make sure they are ready to protect their queen, for the symbol will be known to everyone by the night's end. Also, ensure the two born seeds are out of harm's way," they advised. Raina pressed her lips together, taking in the advice, as they walked into the hall.

"Father!" Wyrion exclaimed, running to Daemon, who scooped him up into his arms. Raina's gaze shifted to Aegon, who looked at Daemon with angry eyes.

"Papa!" Aerion chimed in, and Raina guided them to sit between her and Luke, while she settled next to Daemon. Rhaenyra sat on the other side of him, and the guards escorted her grandfather to the table, seating him.

"Prayer before we begin?" Alicent asked, looking at him.

"Yes," he replied softly, nodding.

"May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long, and to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods grant him rest," Queen Alicent spoke. Raina pressed her lips together, glancing at Daemon, who returned her gaze with a smile.

"My grandsons, Jace and Luke," her grandfather announced. "They will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena. A toast to the young princes and their betrothed," he declared.

"Hear, hear!" echoed throughout the hall as everyone raised their cups in celebration.

"Well done, Jace. You'll finally get to lie with a woman," Aegon taunted, causing Jace's gaze to snap towards Raina and then downward. "Looking to your little sis for help?"

"That's enough, Aegon," Raina interjected firmly, her eyes fixed on him. "Unless you would like to end up like Vaemond Velaryon," she warned, her tone laced with a hint of warning. Aegon's gaze briefly flickered towards her before returning to Jace.