45

Raina, stood overlooking the plans. The air crackled with anticipation as the council convened under the whispering willows.

"The lakeshore will be the battleground," Raina said, her eyes gleaming with determination. "Aemond will not back down. We need to be prepared for every move he makes. We have already lost one battle"

Jacaerys, daemon, rhaenyra and her grandfather surrounded the map spread the table. The moon cast a silver glow throw the window as they looked at the map

"Our dragons are our advantage," Jaca noted. "Drakonis may be younger, but his spirit is fierce. We can use the terrain to mask our movements."

Raina nodded, her mind already calculating the possibilities. "Divert his attention with a feigned attack from the east. Drakonis will fly low, using the trees for cover. When Aemond thinks he has the advantage, we strike from the south."

Daemon added, "Our ground forces will engage near the lakeshore, providing support and drawing Aemond's gaze away from the sky. Archers will be positioned here," he pointed, "to rain arrows upon them as our dragons clash."

The night air carried the weight of their deliberations, each decision etching the fate of the impending confrontation.

"We must be ready for anything," her grandfather  warned. "Aemond is cunning. If he senses weakness, he'll exploit it. Our dragons must be agile, and our ground forces swift."

As the council continued their preparations, the distant echo of dragons could be heard. As they planed the upcoming battle

.
.
.

"Mama?" Wyrion looked up at Raina from where he lay on the bed. Raina moved over to him, laying Aerion down next to his brother. "What makes us different?" Wyrion asked, his curiosity evident. Raina furrowed her eyebrows, studying him.

"What do you mean?" Raina asked, meeting his gaze.

"Targaryens, what makes us different?" he clarified. Raina looked at him, a bit surprised by his question. Her eyes shifted to Aerion, who awaited her response.

"Well, the first thing I would say is because of our dragons," Raina began. Both of her sons looked up at her, captivated by her words.

"But Mum, I don't have a dragon," Aerion stated. Raina gave him a gentle smile.

"I know, my little dragon, but one day you will," Raina reassured him. "One day, you will have a big dragon to call your own," she said, and Aerion smiled.

"Like brother?" Aerion asked, glancing at Wyrion and then back at Raina. She nodded.

"Targaryens possess an extensive and illustrious history," Raina spoke softly, her gaze shifting between her two sons. "It is a legacy intertwined with dragons, encompassing both grandeur and sorrow. We, my children, are the descendants of the dragon's blood," she added, tenderly brushing Wyrion's hair.

"We share a profound connection with these majestic creatures that have been an integral part of our family for countless generations. The scales of these mythical beasts are symbolic of our fortitude, our perseverance, and our fated course in life," Raina continued, her eyes lighting up as she turned her attention to Aerion.

"Each Targaryen undertakes a distinctive journey, my sons," she expressed, her eyes flickering between the two boys. "Someday, both of you will embark on your own extraordinary paths, guided by the eternal flame that resides within you."

"But remember, my boys, dragons are not slaves," Raina emphasized. "Each dragon possesses its own power and its own story. If you listen closely, you can hear it—the thunderous roar of a dragon telling a hundred tales. Every beat of its wings carries immense power, and within those stories, lies a part of you," she declared, capturing the wide-eyed attention of her sons.

"Our dragons are companions, brothers, sisters—the most loyal beings you will ever encounter in your entire lives. They carry us across seas and lands, fighting our battles alongside us. They are an extension of who we are," she whispered, her voice filled with reverence. "Therefore, you must treat them with the utmost respect and care," she instructed, locking eyes with them.

"This is what sets us apart, what defines Targaryens as Targaryens. It is what makes us who we are," Raina expressed. Wyrion and Aerion both nodded in understanding as Raina leaned forward, placing gentle kisses on their heads. "Now, it is time for sleep," she announced, her voice soothing as she softly hummed a dragon lullaby until their eyes grew heavy and they drifted into slumber.

"That was quite the speech," Raina acknowledged as she turned to see Daemon standing there, holding Serion by his side. "They will indeed possess wise minds like you one day," he remarked, and Raina walked over to lay Serion gently in his crib.

"Will you be staying with me tonight?" Raina inquired, and Daemon nodded, moving closer to her.

"Where did you go yesterday?" Daemon asked, causing Raina to look at him inquisitively. She hummed for a moment, contemplating her response. "You went flying and came back with bruises on your wrist," he continued, his gaze fixed on her. Raina shifted her attention back to her sons momentarily.

"...training," Raina finally revealed, and Daemon observed her for a brief moment before nodding. "Are you ready for bed?" she asked.

"Yes," he replied with a nod, and they both prepared themselves for sleep.

Raina laid on her side, with Daemon's hand resting on her hip, as she stared at the wall. "The war is just beginning, Raina. The peaceful part of this is over," whispered voices echoed in her mind. Raina closed her eyes, absorbing the weight of those words.

"Is there anything I need to know?" Raina mumbled.

"We can tell you, but you already know. You feel it within you," they said. Raina's eyes opened again, her lips rubbing together in contemplation. "We have told you that you were bound to have more," they continued.

"We are at the beginning of a war. This is not the time," Raina whispered. "How am I going to fight like this?" she asked.

"You were bound to do this," they said. Raina huffed in frustration.

"Why not after?" she asked, to which the whispers hissed, making her close her eyes.

"Why not after?" she asked as the whisked hissed, causing her to close her eyes.

"Before, the fate of the flame was unsure, but now it is chosen, carved into stone," they said. "Yes, the flame will rise as we have foretold, but not for as long as we originally believed. When the head of loss comes to call, only then will the flame be snuffed out with brutal force," they continued. Raina closed her eyes, absorbing the weight of their words.

"So, I will not make it to the end of this war?" Raina asked, her voice filled with uncertainty. "Will I ascend to the throne?"

"The flame already sits upon the iron throne in the eyes of the people, that much is known," they replied. "The extent of your fight, the strength you display, will determine if you are to be crowned the queen of the realm," they added. Raina turned towards daemon by her side, her resolve reigniting once again.

She would fight with unwavering determination, even with the little dragon forming inside her.

~~~
Raina, wyrion and aerion

~~~Raina, wyrion and aerion↓