21

Raina cradled Wyrion, gently rocking him. As she sang, "~In the night, under moon's soft glow, 
Dragons slumber, stars all a-snow. 
Close your eyes, my little flame, 
Dreams will dance, whisper your name.~"

She continued, "~Hush now, my darling, close your eyes tight, 
In the realm of dreams, let your spirits take flight. 
Fly with the dragons, under the night's sky, 
My love is your lullaby, my sweet by-and-by.~" Raina sang while moving the blanket away from Wyrion's face.

Her melodic voice filled the room, "~Through the valleys, where rivers flow, 
Whispers of magic, in the moon's soft glow. 
Wings of dreams, where wishes reside, 
A tale of adventures, nowhere to hide.~" Wyrion's eyes opened and closed with each note.

Raina continued her serenade, "~As you drift on clouds, where dreams are spun, 
Know you're cherished, my radiant sun. 
With every breath, and every heartbeat, 
A melody of love, so soft and sweet.~"

"~In the morning light, when dawn does break, 
Awake with hope, with each step you take. 
For you are the embers, the fire's glow, 
My little dragon, my love does grow.~" Raina finished, lightly kissing Wyrion's forehead as he settled into a peaceful slumber just as the door open.

"I never heard that one" her grandfather said closing to door

"I made it up" raina said quietly "I call it a Dragon's Lullaby" she said 

"How are you feeling, my girl?" Her grandfather approached Reina, who responded with a small, sad smile. She cast her gaze down at the baby in her arms. Just a few days ago, she had witnessed her oldest son's cremation and the scattering of his ashes into the ocean.

"I'm okay," Reina replied softly.

"Reina, my love," he began, but she quickly interrupted him.

"I'm happy," Reina said, looking up at her grandfather. "Though I'm devastated and can't bear the thought of not having Axle here, I still have Wyrion," she whispered.

"I never thought I could love anything more than you, Mama, and my brothers, but I do," Reina said, gazing at him. "I love this little boy."

Her grandfather gave her a loving smile.

"And he is now my top priority," Reina declared.

"As he should be," he said, kissing her head before walking away.

Raina smiled down at him, her eyes filled with tenderness as she closed them, bringing him close and listening to his peaceful breaths.

"Raina," she heard. Her eyes snapped open. It was the Whispers, who had not spoken to her since the day she discovered she was with child.

"I never thought that one of your foolish prophecies would take one of my children," Reina hissed at them.

"We warned you, child. We told you that the Beast Within you would bring suffering," they replied. "Everything that has happened will eventually benefit you."

"I've lost my oldest child, and I've lost my husband. Now I am left to raise a child alone. How is that beneficial to me?" Raina hissed back.

"The man was not meant to remain in your life. He was not a dragon," they whispered. Raina closed her eyes and released a breath.

"Tell me," Raina said. "Will I ever experience the true love of a man again?" she asked.

Not that she particularly cared for the love of a man at this moment. The absence of someone to support her through times like these, to share that intimate connection with, weighed on her. Although she had grown quite attached to Kol at her young age.

"It is akin to when a dragon chooses its Rider, or when a Targaryen chooses its partner. You will remarry, Reina, but it will be to the person you least expect," they spoke with conviction. As strong as Raina was, relief washed over her. She wouldn't have to face everything alone, although she was prepared to do so if necessary.

"Do not misunderstand our words, Raina. You will find happiness again with a man, yes. But remember, a dragon has three heads," they explained. "And each of those heads possesses different desires, different needs. The path to a man for you is far from simple, for you cannot find true happiness in just one."

"and what desires do these heads hold?" Raina hissed her eyes snapping around the room

"The first head, already claimed, stole the essence within,
A power hidden within the second head, where might begins.
Through the will to protect, its true strength shall shine,
While the third head's desire runs deepest, a revelation in due time.
For it shall realize that its desire surpasses the mere game,
And its yearning holds a depth that goes beyond fame."

"I hope my children are spared from the torment of your whispered words and the destruction you would unleash," Raina declared.

"For every child born with your blood coursing through their veins, there is a chance they may hear The Whispers beckoning their name," they responded. "But the chosen one, the next flame, will only arise when iron no longer bears the same name."

With that, they fell silent, leaving Raina with her mind racing. 

~~~
Raina and wyrion  

~~~Raina and wyrion   ↓