Meant For Each Other [Fluff] (Scarian)

Start from the beginning

Grian takes Tango's chin in his hand and lifts his face to meet his eyes. "And it may not work on the second, or third, or fourth, or even one-hundredth. But that doesn't mean you should give up. Maybe try taking a break, work on something else for the time being and come back to it later with a fresh mind?"

Tango ponders Grian's suggestion before smiling. "Yeah, you're right. Thank you,"

"Of course!" Grian replies happily. "Oh, and by the way, I have something for you," Grian turns to his satchel and digs around as Tango raises an eyebrow.

"Oh?"

"Here you go!" Grian hands Tango the heart-shaped card and smiles brightly. "Happy Valentine's Day!"

"Awww, G!" Tango smiles. "That's so thoughtful of you! Happy Valentine's Day to you too, buddy."

Tango envelops Grian in a warm hug before pulling away and standing up. "I think I'll heed your advice and take a break. Take care, and thank you!" he extends his elytra and flies towards his base.

"Bye!"

"And last stop, Scar!" Grian says happily while standing outside said man's base. He runs up and knocks on the door, hoping that Scar is home to greet him.

Right as Grian is about to turn away in defeat, the door creaks open and a certain elf calls Grian's name.

"Hey, Grian!" there's a happy demeanor in Scar's eyes and a slight blush on his face as he beckons Grian inside. "Come on in!"

Now excited, Grian bounds back to the door and slips inside Scar's base.

"Sooo, what brings you here?" Scar asks as he closes the door behind Grian.

"Well," Grian rocks back and forth on his heels a little bit as he feels the butterflies growing in his stomach. "I'm delivering cards to all of the Hermits since it's Valentine's Day, and here's yours!" Grian extends his hand to Scar, in which he holds yet another card.

Scar blushes more at the gesture. "Oh my goodness, Grian," Scar pauses as he admires the craftsmanship.

"Do you like it?" Grian asks, unsure of whether or not Scar will appreciate the card.

"Do I like it?" Scar reciprocates. "Grian, I love it, this is incredibly sweet of you!"

Grian beams at the comment, but immediately loses the excitement as Scar is about to turn the card over to read his message. He grabs Scar's hand, earning a look of surprise and confusion from him.

"I, uh," Grian stutters before taking a deep breath and gaining courage. With blush on his face, he says "Scar, what's written on this note may ruin our friendship, so I," he takes another deep breath before continuing. "I'm sorry in advance."

Grian pulls his hands away, takes a few steps back and looks at the ground.

Scar lingers for a moment, wondering what Grian could possibly say that would ruin their friendship, before turning the card around.

As he reads and processes the words, Scar's face progressively turns redder and redder until he's blushing like a madman. Not knowing what to say, he looks at Grian in shock.

Grian looks up and is barely able to meet Scar's eyes. Taking his silence as a bad sign, Grian tears up a little bit and starts to walk towards the door.

"I'm- I'm so sorry, Scar," he says, going to leave the base before he can be hit with sorrow any more. But before he can, Grian feels something grab his arm, and he turns around to see the still-red face of Scar.

"Scar?" he says questioningly.

Scar only pulls Grian back towards him and loops his arm around his back to stabilize him. With his other hand, he cups Grian's chin. Grian's eyes go wide with shock and his face becomes a tomato as he realizes his situation.

"Scar?" Grian squeaks out.

"Grian," Scar says, not breaking eye contact. "Can I-," he pauses. "Can I kiss you?"

Grian's butterflies intensify greatly once he says this, his face somehow becoming redder with blush. He stands there in shock for a few moments, questioning whether or not he's dreaming or this is real.

Finally snapping back into reality, Grian trains his eyes on Scar's and relaxes them.

"Yes," he replies. "Yes, please do."

After his confirmation, Scar closes his eyes, tilts his head and leans his face closer to Grian's. The world suddenly becomes incredibly bright and colorful and Grian's heart races as their lips collide.

After Grian comes back to his own body, he closes his eyes and locks his hands together around Scar's neck and sinks into the kiss. The two pour their long-restrained love and adoration for each other into the kiss as they hold each other close. Once the need for oxygen arises, they pull away, only to return to each other a second later.

They remain in each other's embrace for nobody knows how long before pulling away for a final time.

"I love you too, Grian," Scar says as he holds Grian closer, to which Grian buries his head in the crook of his neck.

"Took you long enough," a new voice calls out, taking Grian and Scar by surprise.

"MUMBO!" Grian yells out angrily while blushing intensely as Scar covers his face in embarrassment. Mumbo just smiles. Those idiots...they're meant for each other.

1,398 words

i dont usually write fluff but i thought why not lift people up on the day of love

i know some other countries celebrate valentine's day on a different day of the year or not at all but like still i thought this idea was super cute

thanks for reading, see you next time!

hearts for everyone <3
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

HELP ME I HAVE FOUR EXAMS TOMORROW AND AM TRYING TO GET TO SLEEP AT A REASONABLE HOUR BUT IDK IF THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN... 
I STILL HAVE SO MUCH STUDYING TO DOOOOOOO ;-;