I already have my answer. "...I want to learn about a certain someone who once attended this school. Someone who's close to me."

Mukai smiled. "I see. They must really mean a lot to you if you're determined to find out more about them."

"Yes...they do mean a lot to me..." I knew nothing of my father, and I wanted more than anything to find out who he was. I want to learn what he did, how he lived, and how he was remembered. I want to learn everything about him-everything my mother kept away from me.

"You've had a hard time haven't you, Horikita-san?"

Surprised, my face lit up. "What makes you think that?"

"I can see it on your face," she replied. "You seem like you've been struggling to find anything about them. And even now, you're still trying to do your best."

Seeing that she was right, I nodded. "I am..."

Mukai tilted her head and smiled. "Whoever they are, you must be really close, aren't you?"

I stared at her for a moment, then looked down and shook my head. "No...not really."

"Not really?" she repeated, confused. "What do you mean?" I opened my mouth to speak, but then I stopped myself. "Is it...someone you've lost?"

I looked up at her and stared at her for a moment, then turned to look at Furukawa and Mihara-both of whom were standing off to the side. I wanted to learn about my father, but I never specified who it was I was looking for. Perhaps if I tell them exactly who it was, then maybe I can narrow down the search. Maybe that way, I can find out who he is.

"...Mukai-senpai, Mihara-senpai, Furukawa-kun. Can you three keep a secret for me?" I asked.

"A secret?" Mukai repeated.

Mihara and Furukawa looked at each other, then looked back and nodded. Mukai, seeing this, nodded and agreed as well.

"This certain someone I'm trying to learn about...it's my Otou-san."

"Your Otou-san?" I nodded to Mukai.

"My Okaa-san is Horikita Suzune-a former student here at this school, and who you probably know as the founder of Aletheia," I said. "She raised me alone. Since I was born, I knew nothing about my Otou-san. Okaa-san wouldn't even tell me anything about him. All I knew was that they both attended the same school. So I came here, hoping I could learn something about him."

"The daughter of Horikita Suzune. Just as I thought," said Mihara.

"You knew, Mihara-kun?! Why didn't you tell me?!" said Mukai.

"I assumed you would've figured it out sooner or later on your own. I apologize."

She pouted at him, then turned back to me. "Horikita Suzune... You definitely look like her alright." Mukai sighed. "I'm sorry, Horikita-san. It must've been quite difficult for you to live like that. Now I understand your reason." Mukai placed her hand to her heart. "Even though I'm the Student Council President, I don't know much about the past of this school. But I do know that there were many talented people who have come and gone. So if you want, Horikita-san, feel free to ask me if you need any help."

"Thank you, Mukai-senpai. I'll keep it in mind."

She nodded, then smiled. "You really are a unique person..." Mukai turned. "Hey Mihara-kun, we still have a few positions on the Student Council, right?"

He nodded. "Yes. There is an empty position for a Treasurer."

"I see." Mukai turns back towards me. "Horikita-san, if you'd like, I want to give you that position."

How nostalgic. My mother and my uncle, Horikita Manabu, were once members of the Student Council. It's quite surprising that I would be given a chance to join. It was a high position here at this school, and to be invited was a blessing. However, I had no reason to join.

"I apologize, but I must refuse, Mukai-senpai."

Surprised, her face lit up. "Are you sure?" I nodded to confirm my decision. Mukai stared at me for a moment, then smiled. "Alright. If that's what you want, so be it. Honestly, I never heard anyone who rejected an offer to the Student Council during my time here at this school. You really are interesting, Horikita-san." Mukai turned away from me and looked at Furukawa. "If she's not taking it, how about you, Furukawa-kun?"

As always, Furukawa remained silent, staring at her with his usual dark-gray eyes and blank expression.

Mukai sighed. "I guess that's a no too..." Mukai walked away from me and went over to Mihara. "Well, I suppose we'll get going. We still have our job as members of the Student Council. See you later, Horikita-san, Furukawa-kun!" Mukai waved goodbye and Mihara bowed, then the two of them walked away from us and left.