48| Discoveries

🥀

As the neighing sounds of the approaching horses draws closer, their feet stomps reach their ears while they stand by turning around to inquire further. The ground begins to shake with the quick ride into the city. Their horses' feet reach a halt when the spooky bars enclosing the city gate is pulled over to completely cover the entrance by three guards.

Their supporting armor and sword remain intact when they stand forward after lifting their hands in the air to stop them. Their horses' feet hang in the air while the straps on their neck tighten to make them stop running. With neighs lurking in the air, Mo Yan's hanging hands start to shake in an attempt to lie down. A'Ying, still studying the intruders remains still in her arms.

Intrigued as well, the young woman looks forward watching the three intruders standing on their horses at the city gate. After looking at each other in contemplation, the two men step down from their horses. Only the woman is left behind sitting on the horse.

As her hands move down, A'Ying spots a bum on her stomach. Was she pregnant? Curiosity fills her eyes as she stretches her neck to look closer. The two guys were definitely from Da Wei. They had discreetly kept their emblems below their belts to keep their identity hidden. But one would notice only if you've stayed in the martial arts world for a long time.

But what was their agenda in coming alone? There were no soldiers behind them and they rather came in with a pregnant woman? What was their plan now?

Mo Yan was curious as well. But his eyes weren't neither on the pregnant woman nor the two men but the intricate design on the horse's strap. A sharp pain rushes through his head when he tries to remember where he saw that design. It was evident he had seen it somewhere during his childhood but couldn't remember exactly where or its connection with him.

While they all pay attention to them, A'Ying quickly strikes her upper chest two times on the right and left side before knocking her out with a palm strike over her neck. She falls out unconscious with her eyes closed I'm a few seconds. Lying over her body, A'Ying sighs and turns to the confused Mo Yan.

"Hey!"

Fallen out of the world, she realizes his eyes were glued to the three intruders. The woman rubs her stomach with a light smile while the two guys walk up to the guards. The guards immediately step forward unleashing their swords to their necks.

"Who are you people? Return or don't blame us for not being polite!" After fixing his sword in his left hand, he lowers his head simultaneously with the hesitant Xu Jing. "Sorry to bother you. The woman over there is my wife, and this is her brother." The three guards didn't seem convinced at all so they quickly scrutinize the direction of his hand and glare at her keenly.

"If you don't have a pass, leave at once. I don't care even if she's your grandma!"

Irritation gets the best of Xu Jing with the harsh tone of the guards. Who were they to yell at him in such a manner. As his patience runs down, Xu Feng quickly grabs his arm to stop him from alerting them. Sighing he clears his throat after turning to her. "As you can see, her time is almost up. The doctors in my area are inexperienced in midwifery. I heard Ming has one of the best doctors from the commoners so we want to give it a try."

Two of the guards stand back and whisper among themselves while keeping a close watch on them. Xu Jing, a bit relaxed from their gestures drops his hands beside him eyeing them from the corner of his eyes. The young woman slowly gets down from the horse and walks up to them.

With folded arms, she greets them with a pale expression on her face. "Darling, you shouldn't have gotten down from the horse. What if you fell? Are you hurt anywhere?"