30|🎗 Retrospect

🥀

As the cold wind rush over the mountains, the grass hovers beneath my feet while the sword hangs over my little finger.

Inner demon? I've never clung to anything in my life apart from proving myself as a capable Princess of Liang State. Although I fight with A'Ying over many things, I've never once thought about eliminating her to get something.

But why did I raise the sword at her this time? What's wrong with me?

"You Rong!" The sharpness in the tone tears my gaze from Zhao Yun while he walks off along with A'Ying. A flush of curiosity slowly diminishes when I turn around.

"Are you alright?" Folding my lips, I return a slow nod and keep up a smile. Who would have thought the one who would ask how I am was him, Elder Yu. All my life, I can't tell much of my relationship with A'Ying. I don't see head to head with her on most things. We seem close only during practices.

A sudden tightness grasp my chest as my eyes firmly close in pain. Punching my meridians swiftly with three taps on my shoulder, the heaviness reduces a bit. My hands quickly move up to compress my chest to relieve the pain.

"Didn't expect the venom to act so soon. Cloud Piercer indeed feeds on inner demons. You have obsessions in your heart." Coughing, my fingers grasp on to my chest when disciples begin to gather around whispering. "Shifu, he mustn't stay here any longer. We must strip her skills and send her down the mountains."

The others start to nod in agreement with what their junior brother said. Glaring at each other, Elder Yu lifts his head and lets out a heavy sigh.

"Enough! I have my ways to deal with this. Concentrate on practicing diligently. Come with me," he exclaims. When I manage to look up, the murderous look in their eyes makes my heart flare from anxiety. I force my eyes to look away and move along with Elder Yu.

Echoes lurk through the atmosphere while he steps down the mountain with his sword beside him. While walking, the withered leaves rush to one side with a swap of wind. His shoes slowly massage the ground at each step he takes. Turning to the empty town, she grasp on to her sword and sighs.

"It's a dead down. What to do, Shifu?" Returning a silent glare, he moves deeper into the town. With a rush of wind, the town label dismantles and collapses, setting the fire higher all over the streets. The burnt wood spreads into ashes and run through the atmosphere.

He suddenly twirls to his other side when he hears a click. "Who's there?!" A'Ying quickly draws her gaze to the direction of his eyes and slowly pulls out her sword. A little face pops out from the burnt stall and looks around trembling.

Watching the horrible state of the town, his eyes shiver at the sight of several dead bodies. As he steps out from his hideout, he moves to A'Ying with folded lips. "Are you alright? What are you doing here alone?" His knees touch the floor to reach his level and talk.

The little boy shakes his head and looks up with a sad face. "I'm Xiao Wu. I-I was living here with my mother until those soldiers came and set the place on fire. I can't find mom. Can you help me? I need to find her. Please help me!" To persuade her further, he holds her sleeves tighter and shakes it up jumping in tears.

"It seems he needs help," she starts but the look on his face tells otherwise. The dead silence was too good to be true. Plus how did he survive amidst such a heavy massacre. Retorting with a serious look, he moves forward and takes a quick glimpse of the area.

A'Ying folds her lips with a sigh and taps the Xiao Wu's shoulders before walking up to him. "Shifu, I know what you're thinking about. But I don't think he's harmful. He looks quite pitiful. Shouldn't we give him a chance?" Although he didn't refuse, but he still looked unconvinced. With a slow glare at the boy, he finally nods.