38| Patching

🥀

As the two carriers enter through the main door, I wipe my mouth with my hand after a gulp of wine. “Good wine!” I quickly push the bowls to her and cross my arms beaming with a mischievous grin.

“Your work is done. You can leave.” Irritated by my demanding tone, she slowly drags her hand off from the table and turns to Zhao Yun. After a while, I stare at the two while drumming my fingers on the table in anxiety.

What was she waiting for again? Why was Shifu also glaring at her?

 “Lady boss, another jar of wine. Package it with utmost care.” Although I was able to grab her attention with that, Zhao Yun also turns to me with his eyebrows raising. I clear my throat and look away from his threatening gaze. That lady boss was quite annoying, but her wine is awesome! I have to keep some for another day.

 She crosses her arms and stands right in front of me with those pissed off looks. “Where is my wine?” Her feet move forward to grab a seat beside me. Perplexed, my eyes blink at her reaction. Why was she staring at me like that?

“Money,” she retorts. Money? That’s all she is waiting for. With a smile, I reach out for my hanfu. But after running my fingers through it, my hands escape empty in a few seconds. “Don’t tell me you don’t have any money to pay for all you ate?”

Swiftly, I bite my lips and start forcing myself to laugh at her question. “Money? Who said I don’t have? How much is everything in total?” Xiao Fan and Su Ruo slowly find their way into the inn and look around keenly. As I spot them walking in, I lift my hands and chuckle.

“We’re here. I’m paying for everything tonight. Eat whatever you wish!” Raising his head, Zhao Yun glares at me in surprise while holding himself from sighing. “Everything? Including them too?” I nod hurriedly and smile at Zhao Yun. But he sighs instead. When I hear closing footsteps behind me, my jaw drops finding A’Ying in Mo Yan’s arms.

I wasn’t that surprised about their posture. My problem was having more customers to feed. As we all look at them entering, A’Ying quickly jumps down from his arms and rubs her hanfu to adjust the creases.

Shifu,” A’Ying starts. His eyes fall in silence adjusting to the quiet scene around him. Xiao Fan and Su Ruo quietly take their seats before ordering jar of wine. Mo Yan scoffs at her reaction and moves forward to take a seat after A’Ying . “I’d want wonton and three jars of wine. Don’t mind me. I’ve a strong liquor capacity.”

My widened jaw widens larger than before. Three jars? Was he trying to scrape off of me?

“Oh, I want chrysanthemum wine. Your finest one. A’Ying, do you want anything?” She quickly turns away and takes a seat by Zhao Yun. Zhao Yun on the other hand kept silent as he makes his orders.

I’m finished! Just to impress shifu, I made such a horrendous declaration. Mo Yan’s digging my grave faster than I thought too!

 “Coming right up!” When I see the large smile on Mo Yan’s face, I turn away quickly hiding my eyes over my palm. In such a situation, I can’t even run away. How was I going to pay for all of his requests? I sit quietly before the lady boss returns with their orders. Forcing myself to smile, I watch as Mo Yan pours a jar of wine in a gulp.

 “Good wine! Junior Li, you’re great!” After hearing this, I lift my head and stomp his foot angrily. He quickly steps back from his seat and looks away when we all turn to him in confusion.

 “Great you’re all here. We have a mission and I’ll need your cooperation.”  Mo Yan sighs along with Xiao Fan and Su Ruo. “Many people are still recovering, but the effect of the medicine will not last too long. We need to locate Chang’an’s Apothecary Valley as soon as possible.”