33|🎗Mission

🥀

As the sun was gradually setting, dim light rummage through the bright sky right above the struggling refugees. Amidst coughing and screaming out in pain, A'Ying stands behind him with a confused look.

Several other stained and messed up refugees sought freedom anxiously as they run in from the main gate. But just when many could get to the entrance, numerous soldiers from the interior Song quickly rush out clamping their swords at one direction.

With one long sway of sword, two men appear from the other side of the gate and hit the drums at the very top of Song. As the intimidating beats lurk through the atmosphere at every hit, the gates begin to close. At the sight of their hope vanishing before them, many stranded citizens try to push their way into the city.

But they end up squashed and thrown against each other. A few are stomped on while the strongest made their way to enter before the doors fully closed up. "Mom!"

A'Ying turns back in frustrations after hearing frustrating screams from behind. At this point, she realizes that children were included in this fierce fight. The refugees were not only adults but little children, amongst one little boy sitting in the middle of the crowd sobbing painfully for his mom.

"Close the doors! Don't let anyone in!" Yells begin to run rampantly in the atmosphere after the declaration was made. In desperation, people began to harshly push those in their way to the ground. Blood spurts as the angry and desperate crowd push forward to the main entrance.

After a loud bang from the closed gates, the screams and yells become much more excruciatingly unbearable to the ear. With swords preventing the crowd from getting nearer, the abled men charged at the guards to find their way in while the women cling to their sobbing children.

"Mom! It hurts," a little voice croaked while her dusted hands reach out to her mom feeling her breath failing her. Her parched throat fidget at her attempt to talk further. As a tear drop down her cheeks, her hands fall after her eyes close.

"Sang Sang! Sang Sang!"

Crying, her mother lifts her in her arms and charge at the door in tears. "Please let us in. My daughter's dying!" Unfazed by her plea, the other guards quickly stab the charging men in the abdomen, draining the life out of them. Loud wails escape their lips as the men in front stumble back lifeless.

Her hands fall against the floor after she takes a last breath. Taken aback, he stares at the warm body turning cold in his arms. A'Ying steps back in shock shaking head after checking her pulse.

"Shifu, she's dead. What should we do? The gates are closed at the dying refugees. We need to do something soon."

Distress settles over the atmosphere with the blood stained swords instilling much more fear in the people than they felt before. As many stand helpless at the gate pushing the guards to open up, more lives are sacrificed by stabs to stop them.

For a spilt moment, only moans from near death and sobs could be heard. Blood splashes over the ground with each stab inflicted on anyone who dared to move forward. When the screams become much more unbearable, Zhao Yun sprints from behind A'Ying.

In just a flash, he flaps up to the walls of the gate and breaks the door open with a tight swing of his sword. An immense wind swiftly cuts the gate open and pushes all those behind on to the ground. After a loud thud falling on the floor, grunts escape their lips whenever they try to get back their feet.

"We're saved!"

Shriveled from being astounded, the refugees tattered and battered all over spring up with all their might. With mouths wide open, the guards attempt to stop them with their hands but end up pushed to the walls.