Chapter XLVIII

────────────

────────────

"You're burning it!" Hyunjin groans, his voice whiny and annoyed. "I'm not burning it. It has to be crispy." Changbin said as he flipped the pork again, causing a sizzling noise from the grill. Hyunjin and Changbin were at their favorite BBQ joint, they go there nearly every day after school. Jisung used to tag along too but after he got rejected by a classmate who worked there as a server, he refused to go as he was too embarrassed. 

"How's the old man?" Changbin asked as he focused on cooking the meat. Hyunjin sighs heavily looking down in his lap, "He and my mother were arguing all last night. I could barely sleep. I came out of my room after I heard some glass break. I thought he'd hit her or something but she got scared and accidentally broke a two thousand-dollar  vase that my father gave her on their honeymoon."

"That explains why you were so sleepy in class today. And you didn't practice long in the gymnasium either." Changbin responded and Hyunjin nodded.

Changbin took the meat off the grill cut it into slices and placed a lot on top of Hyunjins bowl of rice. "That's so much," Hyunjin says.

"You need to eat more. I saw you skipped lunch today too." Changbin puts a bite of rice and pork in his mouth. Hyunjin scoffed, a small smile forming on his lips before he took a bite of his food.

"Do you think Jisung is still scared to come here?" Changbin asked and Hyunjin almost immediately burst out laughing. Changbin began to laugh as well.

"Sir you can't go in there!" Chan's assistant cried out as she ran after Hyunjin who stormed across the room of working employees. Chan was meeting with his board of directors when he and the directors heard the commotion outside the conference room. 

Hyunjin kicked the door open. The directors jumped and turned their heads to see a fuming Hyunjin standing in the doorway. 

Hyunjin's eyes scanned the room looking for Chan. "Hyunjin?" Chan called out, confused and surprised. Hyunjin's gaze darkened as he stalked toward Chans' direction, grabbed his suit collar, and threw him to the ground. Hyunjin straddled Chan and began punching him repeatedly in his face,

Everyone in the room began to scream and shout. 

"Someone stop him!"

"Call security!"

"Get off of him!"

Hyunjin continued to punch Chan. His mind became clouded with all of the previous events.

"I think maybe...Chan is responsible for what happened...to our brother."

"I don't think...Chan...is who we think he is."

"They're saying that there were signs of a struggle, there couldn't have been a break-in. There were no broken windows or broken down doors..."

"... it's possible that it...was a kidnapping."

"What did you do?" He growled as he slammed Chans' head against the floor repeatedly.

 "What did you do?!" He punched him. 

"Did you kill Chhangbin?!"

Punch. 

"Did you take Felix?!" 

Punch.

"What did you do? Where is he?!" Hyunjin screamed. Before he could hit Chan again security grabbed hyunjin off of Chan.  Chan began coughing and spitting out blood. The directors rushed to his side as they screamed for an ambulance to be called while Hyunjin was dragged out of the room. 

"I could...let let you go you know?" Jeonginm said teasingly. He smirked as he stared at Felix who was tied to a chair. His body was shaking and his head, hung low, refusing to look at Jeongin. Jeongin took another hit of the cigarette and blew out the smoke in Felix's face. Felix cringed at the disgusting smell. 

"I'll let you go if you leave Hyunjin," Jeongin says. Felix didn't respond. Jeongin scoffed then stood up from his chair and walked towards the exit of the dark empty room. "I won't..." Felix said suddenly. Jeongin stopped and turned around. 

"What?" He began to walk towards Felix.

"What did you say?"

Felix gripped the arms of the chair, scraping the wood with his nails. "I said I won't leave him."

Jeongin laughed in disbelief. "Is that so?" He taunts.

"He doesn't love you anymore. Because if he did... you would still be together." 

Jeongin grabbed Felix's jaw and made him look at him. "You're wrong. He does love me. I know he does. It's just that you're in the way. My way." Jeongin retorts, Felix could hear the anger and impatience in Jeongins voice. 

Felix suddenly gasped in pain and a sizzling noise followed. Felix looked down and saw that Jeonging was burning his hand with his cigarette. Felix cried out in pain. Jeongin just stared at him, he almost looked insane. 

"Say it! Say that you'll leave him!" Jeongin screamed. Felix groaned as he turned his head away, tears streaming down his flushed face. Jeonging let out a frustrated sound and threw the cigarette on the ground. A small red circle from where the cigarette was put out in the middle of Felix's hand. 

"Alright then..." Jeonging sighed as he took a few steps back. "I will kill you. If means having you out of my way for good, then so be it."