Chapter XLIV

────────────

────────────

Third person pov

The water was sloshing in the glass as Felix's hands were shaking. His whole body was shaking.

"Felix? Felix, are you okay?" Hyunjin asked, lowering his head to try and meet Felix's eyes.

"W-What?" Felix choked out. Lifting his head, his cheeks were still wet with tears. Hyunjin frowned. After what happened in the club, Hyunjin took Felix back to the apartment.

"Are you okay?" He repeats. Felix hesitates, then nods. Hyunjin sighed and took the glass out of his hands and see it down on the table in front of him.

"So...y-your a...thug?" Felix sniffled as he wiped his wet cheeks. Hyunjin scoffed softly under his breath.

No more lies... Hyunjin thought to himself. Hyunjin looked into Felix's teary eyes, "My family, has also been involved in crime. For years we've laundered drugs through our company to, drug lords, and the mob. You name it. I didn't want to tell you who I was or what I was because I was afraid I'll lose you or that you'll get hurt."

Felix looked down. He was speechless. He felt like crying again. He suddenly felt Hyunjins presence beside him on the brown leather couch.

"But...I understand if...if you are afraid and don't want to be with me anymore." Hyunjin spoke. It was a moment of silence then Felix shook his head.

"No...No, I want to be with you." Felix looked up at Hyunjin.

Hyunjin was taken aback by Felix's response. "I'm not afraid—well—maybe a little but...I love you. And I want to marry you."

Hyunjin chuckled softly as he caressed Felix's cheek. "I love you too." He says softly and Felix smiled a little. Hyunjin pulled Felix closer to his body and kissed him, making Felix feel warm inside.

Yes, it was a lot to take in. But Felix was ready for it. Hyunjin thought he could keep his dark world hidden from Felix but it would be a matter of time before the truth was revealed. He didn't expect Felix to react the way he did. He expected to have that diamond ring that rested on Felix's finger back in his palm. But it stayed where it was. Where it belonged.

Han Jisung turned over in the bed seeing Minho beside him sleeping peacefully and glowing in the moonlight. He smiled at him and then looked down with a frown. He reaches over to the nightstand and grabs his phone.

He stares at the information Mr. Park sent to him about Simon Kim. It was sent to him almost two days ago. But he's been hesitant to take action.

Why...? He's been waiting forever for this moment. So why does he suddenly feel like he can't move? Like he's paralyzed. He looks back at Minho once more, "I'll be back." He whispered then kissed Minho softly on his forehead and for a moment...it felt like a goodbye.

Jisung is dressed in all black, black pants, boots, a jacket, and a baseball so it'll be hard to recognize him. Jisung took Minho's car and drove to the address of Simon Kim. The man who murdered his brother.

When he arrived at the apartment, the door was cracked open a bit. Jisung stiffens. He slowly pushed the door open with a black-gloved hand and his eyes widened at the sight.

There was blood everywhere. On the walls, the floor. Everywhere. The place was a mess, Jisung stepped inside and saw that in the living room, Simon Kims was already dead, his body laying in the middle of the broken glass table. There was a bullet in his head. His body must have broken the table when the force of the bullet priced his skull.

Jisung wanted to vomit at the sight. He saw the blood dripping from Simons's fingertips, creating a small pool of blood on the white tile floor. Jisung stumbled back as his stomach began to churn.

He saw a door on his left and quickly busted inside and felt relieved that it was the bathroom because he vomited into the sink.

He was shaking.

Who could have done this?

Jisung was confused. Did this man have other enemies? Jisung was about to leave when he spotted something on the floor.

A phone. He ran over to it, almost slipping in the blood. When he grabbed it, it was caked in blood. He turned it on to make sure it was working and it was.

He left the apartment the way it was, even cracking the door the same way he'd found it. And left.