chapter VI

────────────

────────────

Felix Lee

The silence is so loud in the room you could hear a pin drop. My leg is profusely bouncing up and down, I'm anxious, he hasn't said much to me yet and only spoke my name.

I can't believe it

I can't believe that it's him.

Does he recognize me?

He looks at me again, I felt his eyes pause. It must've been my necklace. He looks down and chuckles. "You believe in God, Mr.Lee?"

"Yes, I-I was raised in an Catholic Orphanage—"

"Orphanage?"

Oh, God. I hate it so much, felt like a stab in my stomach.

"She abandoned you because your a nuisance Felix! A nuisance!"

He looks at my resume again...

Hyunjin Hwang

Read his file one more time and realize that he has no parents or any family listed.

"Do you get nervous? Mr. Lee, if you don't mind my asking." I stand up from my chair and walk over to the small table where a bottle of rum and two glasses rested.

His eyes follow me as I began to pour rum into the glasses. "Sometimes...yes." he confirms. It looked like he was about to fall apart when he first walked in and made direct eye contact.

Ah, yes. I remember you Felix Lee.

Pretty boy I remember calling you that when we first met.

"Why do you want to work here?"

"Heard that the assistant role pays well, and I want to make a bit more money than I used to–"

I offered him the glass of rum and he shakes his politely. "It's alright, it's only a little." I say temptingly.

"I'm fine Mr. Hwang, I don't drink rum, or anything stronger than So-ju. I can barely finish a bottle myself." He laughed awkwardly.

"Well that's no good, as my assistant your job is usually the taster. You job would be to go to the factory when a new taste has been, and taste it."

I pause and he looks down. "If you can't even do that,  I don't have much use for you, I can organize my own files and such."

He frowns "does that mean, I don't get the job?"

My heart almost melted to see him so sad and disappointed. My work isn't for the weak. Not ONLY do my assistant taste test the rum, but I see how much they can endure from me...

And Felix... doesn't seem like he can take much.

"I don't mind tasting the rum if that's the case–"

"No it's alright, I won't force you to do anything your not comfortable with."

Pretty boy...

He reached for the glass of rum I left in front of him, he big swig of the bronze liquid and began to cough after he put the glass down. His cheeks flushed red.

Cute

"You know it's more enjoyable, if you take a smaller sip." I laugh as he began to wipe his mouth with his sleeve.

"You may leave now Mr.Lee." I go back to my paperwork.

"Did I not get appr—"

"There will be no more questions...Mr. Lee." I cut him off.

He gets up and walks out of my office.