chapter XXIII

────────────

────────────

Jeongin Yang

"Five minutes, Jeongin!" A staff member yells as she knocked on my door.

"Mom, I told you I'm not coming back! I'm doing just fine here!" I shout at my mom on the phone.

The scandal between me and Hyunjin has apparently gotten out of hand and my mother wants me back home. I worked hard to get here. I can't just give it up!

I have to get Hyunjin back, and I will. I hurt anyone who gets in my way. "Jeongin that man is dangerous you stay away from him and come home this instant!" My mother screams.

I hung up the phone, shaking with rage and tears in my eyes, I screamed as I knocked everything off my desk.

I need you Hyunjin...

Hwang Hyunjin

I shot the target multiple times hitting the bullseye ever time, Jisung stood beside me doing the same. It's been a long time since I've been to the shooting range.

Both me and Jisung take off our ear muffs and walk over to the table to reload our guns. "So the CCTV. Your sure that can help?" I question.

"Yes, they have too." Jisung replies.

"It's been three years, how do we know for sure that they still have the footage—"

"They have to have the footage. But the problem is, I can't go see for myself." Jisung looks at me. "As much as I would want to find that footage, what would be my reason to go there?"

"I was hoping that you and Minho go. Minho knows a bit about detective work, and he is a lawyer. So if we come up with a plan and sneak into the security office. We should find that tape." Jisung says. He finished loading his gun with bullets and he cocks his gun back.

I paused for a moment. "That doesn't seem like a bad plan. "My father he knew the warden there. They as thick as thieves. I bet if I strike some deal with him, keep him occupied and Minho can sneak into the security office..." I cock my gun back and look at Jisung. "We'll find that footage."

Jisung smirks.

We both began to shoot at the target's again.

ME: Hey, can I see you to night?

FELIX: I'm sorry, not tonight. :(

I make my way into the parking garage and walk to my car.

ME: How come...?

FELIX: Game night with Seungmin! ٩(• ◡•)۶

I clenched my phone tightly in my hands, I wanted to crush it when I saw his name.

ME: Can I join? What are you playing?

Felix Lee

ME: Eh, I don't know. It's usually just me and Seungmin.

MR. HWANG: Oh come-on, I'm sure he won't mind.

"Felix, will you stop looking at your phone?" Seungmin tries to reach for my phone but I immediately held up high in the air. He scoffed and continues to try to get my phone.

I squeal when we fall over on the floor, Seungmin is on top of me, our faces inches away, he stares ate for a moment until I clear my throat wanting him to get off of me.

He smirks and snatches my phone out of my hands. "Hey give it back!" I grunt trying to grab back my phone but with one arm he holds me back and I see he look at the recent text between me and Hyunjin.

"Were you going to invite him to game night?" He raises a brow.

"No, I mean. I don't know." I sighed, I was puzzled myself, I just want my phone back...

I see Seungmin type, "You can join!" He laughs tossing my phone in my lap. "Seriously?" I question, processing what just happened.

"Yeah, I know I can beat him in anything." He wears a smug look on his face.

Inviting my boss/lover to a game night with my best friend. I wonder how this is gonna go.

I finished setting up snacks when there's a knock on the door, I open it and there he stood. He was wearing a black turtle neck that fit him like a glove, I could see his muscles protruding out from the cloth. He wore black jeans paired with white sneakers.

He stood in the door frame, towering over me. Has he gotten taller...?

"So are you gonna let me in, Mr. Lee?" He looks at me, I snap out of my thoughts, I was practically gawking at him.

We get seated on my living room floor, a deck of Uno cards sat in the middle. For the next ten minutes, the tension was in the air and boy was getting intense.

We peered over our cards glaring at each other. It Seungmins turn and he throws down a plus four. "Mr. Hwang, pick up four." He says proudly. I see Hyunjin smirks, "Mr. Kim, pick up eight." Hyunjin also throughs down a plus four.

"Pick up twelve!"

"Pick up. Sixteen, Mr Kim. Uno."

Hyunjin smirks waving his one card, I tell by Seungmins face he was pissed so pissed that he dropped his cards.

I burst out laughing "shut up." Seungmin groans. "That was a good game, Mr. Kim." Hyunjin held out his hand for Seungmin take shake, Seungmin stares at his hand for a moment then he rolls his eyes and shaking his hand.

But something seemed a little off.

The way they griped each others hand...

I don't think it was about the game anymore...