Part 30: Mall adventure

"There's a space mall? Ugh" Alex and Rachel grinned, shopping~ "Oh boy," Lance face palmed, he knew these two were shopping addicts. Veronica took him out a few times to the mall, but his small social anxiety self stuck to her side like glue. "Shopping? Oh great" Pidge muttered, she hated shopping especially for clothes. "Shopping isn't that bad" Hunk said, "If you're with shopping addicts," Marco pointed to Rachel and Alex, "It is" Rachel glared and Alex smacked his shoulder "We are not addicts for shopping" they argued, "No, no, you are" Lance sighed popping out his hip, "Can we go to the space mall? Please" The kids begged, "Uh," Keith pursed his lips looking at Lance, "It's your call" he told him, none of them knew the layout of the mall but... this might be the only time they can experience something like again. "Fine, but you stay near me and the others, do not at any point in time wander off, alright?" He gave in and they cheered. 

"That means no pouting when we don't go into something that catches your attention" Rachel added, "Yes, Tia" they said, "Good." 

|| ----- ||

"Okay, I'm starting to wonder if I can go back to the castle" Lance clutched the sleeves of his green jacket, Rachel wearing the same on in her size. "You will be fine" Rachel told him, "Tell that to anxiety" he retorted, and Keith grabbed one of his hands and the kids grabbed the other together, "Anxiety is a bitch" Pidge shrugged, "Pidge, no cursing around the kids!" Lance lightly kicked her shin, "Aye!" she flipped him off and he gave her the look her mother would give her and she reluctantly grumbled. "I wonder why Coran dressed us up weirdly" Marco muttered, "Space Pirates as Allura called them took everything for what Coran had, at least I think that's what she said" Shiro wasn't sure. "I think that is exactly what she said" Hunk confirmed. "Well, we've got some GAC so let's look around" Pidge suggested, "Alright" They split off to look around agreeing to meet back to the entrance. 

Lance, Keith, Rachel and the kids looked around interested, "Holy shit, look!" Rachel pointed to a shop, Lance smacked her arm for cursing around the kids, but Keith grabbed his chin and turned it to the shop that held items from Earth. "So cool! It's Killbot Phantasom 1!" Sylvio pointed, "Are you serious?" Rachel looked at the window with the kids, "Is it that video game you were obsessed with but didn't have the money to buy it?" Lance asked peeking with Keith at the game in the window, "Yep, I can't believe there's an Earth shop all the way out here" She said and Lance was curious on the store, "What is that?" Lance pointed to an animal with black and white spots on it, "Lance that's a co- A cow?!" Rachel blinked, "That animal that makes milk?" she snapped her fingers, "That's the one" Lance and the cow looked at each other, "I thought they were only on Earth?" he poked its nose, the cow had the same bored stare at him. "That they are," Lance flinched and looked to the alien shop keeper. "By chance, how much for Killbot Phantasom 1?" Rachel asked curious, Sylvio and Nadia also looked curious, "12 hundred GAC" he replied, "Do we even have that much?" Keith asked and Lance checked, "Um, I don't think so?" he raised a brow, "Aw man! I really want to play this" Sylvio whined. "Sorry bud but It doesn't look like we have enough for it" Lance said, "We need to find some more GAC, do not sell that!" Rachel pointed to the game and hurried off with the others. 

"How do you expect us to find GAC?" Keith raised a brow, "A water fountain genius" she replied, "Be nice Rachel" Lance warned and she stuck her tongue out in a raspberry, he rolled his eyes. She was a year older than him, but she acted like a child. They found a fountain and Lance decided to stay out of the water searching for GAC, "You guys look ridiculous, come on, get out" he said, "Uh, no. We need that game" She had stars in her eyes as Nadia sat on Lance's lap, playing with his hand and Sylvio kicked his feet in the water content. "Fine, fine, but you'll have to teach me how to play it because I'm curious on what your obsession is" he said, and she saluted. "How much GAC do we got now?" Rachel wondered, "Eleven hundred and ninety-six GAC" Keith replied, his and Rachel's pocket bulging from the GAC in their pockets. A coin was flipped into the water by an Alien and Rachel snatched it from the water, "Oh boy" Lance deadpanned. 

They bought the game and something else as the shopkeeper gave them the cow saying with every purchase, they get a free Kalternecker. "At least we get a cow" Rachel smiled, "Time to go guys!" Hunk called running past, "Security's on our trail!" Shiro added and hurried past, "Uh," they looked to see a Galran on a mall car, "There's the rest of the crew" Marco and Alex also went running past. "Okay then" Lance squeaked when he was put on the cow's back, Nadia at his front and Sylvio being picked up by Rachel and they bolted with Pidge hurrying after them. "What did you guys do!" Lance yelled glancing back, "He thinks we're space pirates!" Pidge yelled hopping on the cow's back, "We need to find Coran and get out of here" Marco said pulling Alex with him, "Uh, guys, get on the cow now!" Lance pointed to the barrier to prevent anyone from falling off the edge. "We're not all going to fit" Rachel shouted, "We're gonna have to" They all tried getting on with the kids in front of Lance, the kids cheered as they flew down like a rollercoaster and Lance yelled out of fright with the others. 

|| ---------- ||

Allura blinked with the mice on her shoulders when she heard... yelling? So, she went to investigate, Shiro, Hunk, Marco, Alex and Coran all sitting on the floor as Lance yelled at them with the kids standing on either side of Keith with Rachel sorting. "Do I even want to know what happened while you all were gone?" Allura asked blinking, "This was mainly your idea dressing us up as pirates Coran, so you take most of the consequences but are all of you out of your minds?! We do not cause trouble wherever we go so that doesn't mean go cause trouble at a mall and get security on us!" he scolded, "How come he's not yelling at you four?" She asked the four not getting yelled at. "We were with him the entire time, the kids behaved, and Keith and I weren't leaving him alone while the others split off to who knows where. So, we got off the hook, Keith had to drive since Lance was too busy in the back of the Pod scolding them after we left the Mall" Rachel explained amused. "We got a cow!" Sylvio and Nadia smiled, "By chance what is a cow?" She asked curious, and the two children went on to explain two mice going to Lance's shoulders with scolding stern cute faces at the guilty party. 

Oh boy. 

---------

2/13/24