Part 25: I want you

{Mature Warning}

The kids got settled on the room nearby next to Keith and Lance, Shiro on their left, Pidge and Hunk across the room, Rachel on their right and Alex and Marco across her room, naturally they were all nearby each other so that was a good thing. But now they had to be wary of the kids hearing sounds that shouldn't be heard by innocent ears, specifically- the kids. Lance cuddled into the warm blankets stealing them from Keith as the male polished his knife, he peeked from under the blankets looking at his mate, "When did you have a knife?" he asked as Keith glanced at him pausing on his polishing and looked a little distant, now Lance felt guilty for asking probably a personal question. He noticed that of course, "It's fine, my dad gave it to me said it was from my mother" he blinked, "Your mom? What's she like?" he asked him to sit up with the blanket laying on his head and draping over his arms and shoulders, his shirt slipped off his right shoulder showing the scar, "No idea, she left when I was a baby, I don't think I even know her name" Lance frowned, odd. "Did your father ever tell you about her? Or why she left?" he asked hesitantly, "A bit but he never told me where she went, after I turned around 5 or 6 can't remember exactly, he passed away in a burning building" he explained, it felt different this time talking about his father. It had been years since he really brought up the man since his death and he was always so defensive and immediately angry when his dad was brought up. But with Lance... it seemed.. easier to talk about him. 

"I'm sorry for asking, it was probably a personal question" he apologized, "It's fine. Honestly, it felt different this time talking about him, normally I wouldn't say anything about my dad but with you it feels easier than bottling it up" he admitted to him, "Why do I feel like we connect a bit just by us being clueless on our mom's?" Keith of course chuckled at that, it seems that was one of the things that connected them together. "Who knows but you do make a point" he told him and unwrapped the wrap he had on the blade showing the symbol on the handle and began to start polishing again. Lance peeked over to look at it, "That's an odd symbol don't you think?" he asked poking it a bit. "I guess, wherever she got it, it got left to me" he shrugged. "I think it's cool" he smiled, "Yours is pretty though" Keith told him, "Mine is just a plain polished silver with a blue gem and red, white handle" he said getting up from the bed and digging through his bag for his knife to prove his point as he showed it. "See? Pretty, mine is the plain one" he gestured to the pale mix of mauve and dark purple. "It's pretty" he whined stomping over and comparing the two knives. While both blades were sharp and well maintained, the colors and blade edges were on different design levels even the handles were on different design levels. Only the gems with the different colors and symbols showed the difference in the two. 

Honestly the two knives were well crafted, though different they both signaled something. A gift. For Lance it was from someone he can't remember, for Keith it was from his mother. They shared that common trait with the two blades alone, even if they have different backgrounds, it was still the same. "I wonder why you sleep with it under the pillow" Lance said putting his knife back into his bag as Keith rewrapped his blade especially over on the handle. "A habit I guess, you never know when a fight is needed" he explained shrugging as Lance flopped on the bed, his thin malnourished body slowly showing small amounts of improvement bounced when his back collided with the mattress, he was glad he grabbed his medicine from his old room before Rachel took it, worked better to just have it in the personal bathroom in Keith's room. "I wonder what I do with my heat meds now" he said, "Well I blocked your heat, so you won't really need them but if push comes to shove then just keep them just in case" he told him, "Okay" he rolled over until his head rolled onto Keith's lap in comfort. "Comfy?" he nodded; he was indeed comfy. Keith's lap felt like a fluffy pillow. "Hey, Keith," he hummed a little looking at him, "When's your rut? If you can block my heat, is it possible for me to block your rut?" he asked him and Keith blinked, a question he did not expect. He cleared his throat however to push away anything that was on his mind in that short moment.