Part 7: The returned Rival

Lance practically fell straight on his butt wide eyed, so there's a meteor/ship entering the atmosphere, great. "Are you positive you saw a ship?" he questioned Pidge who was still looking through the binoculars, "Do you wanna see yourself?" He shot yanking away the binoculars and offering them, Lance blinked surprised at the snark but took the offered binoculars anyway and held them to his eyes. His eyes widen again "It really is a ship, why does it look so gray though man they need to add colors to it, maybe even a blue color that'd be nice" he rambled, and Hunk chuckled a bit despite being a nervous reck over an alien ship entering the atmosphere like a meteor. "Lance, you keep rambling I'll smack your shoulder" Pidge warned with a smile, he stopped his rambling dead with a gulp. "You scare me sometimes man" he whined, "Then I'm doing my part correctly!" they flinched when the ship crashed in the desert and the area lit up a bit before it quickly died down. 

Pidge popped up after stashing all of his stuff into his bag again, Lance squealed because of how quick Pidge perked up and looked at him. "Dude, where are you going?" Hunk asked taking the binoculars from Lance and handing them back to Pidge who stuffed it in his bag. "To see that ship what else? Also, the Garrison is heading straight for it so why not go ourselves?" he smirked, Lance pondered before he looked to Hunk with a curiosity smile, Hunk groaned and submitted to it. "Fine, only because I'm not letting you or Lance out of my sight" Lance smiled and grabbed his bag and let it hang on his shoulder while it stretched to his right hip. "Let's go!" Pidge laughed and followed after him, Hunk grumbled but ran after them. 

Lance struggled to climb up the rock but Hunk gave him a boost and helped Pidge up then climbed up himself and they were about 80 or 50 yards from where the crash happened so they were close enough to see small figures but couldn't hear anything. Lance set his bag close to him, so it was leaning against him and looked through the binoculars while Pidge did his thing on his computer with his headphones on his head. "What do you see?" it was dark out and the binoculars were night visioned so it worked out perfectly for their little adventure that would surely get them in trouble, but Lance did not want to be caught or getting a lecture or worse, yelled at. He did not feel like flinching in front of his bosses even if being in the Garrison wasn't a job it was still a school. So, his instructors and Professors were his bosses, they gave him orders that he to obey or he'd have to face the consequences at the hands of his father and older brother. But there are small amounts of times like this that he does break his orders, he just doesn't do it often as he would like to do.

"Lance?" he blinked when he finally snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Hunk, "Oh sorry, what did you say?" he asked innocently since he felt bad for not hearing his friend the first time. "I said what do you see?" he asked again, "Oh, the mysterious ship is being held hostage and there's Garrison personnel going in and out of the dome over there." he pointed at the dome, "You made that sound like you were a little kid who just stayed too pure for anyone to comprehend correctly" Pidge said blinking as well as Hunk, Lance took the binoculars from his eyes and looked at them "I did?" he sounded like a little kid who didn't know anything? He sounded fine in his book, so he was a bit confused. Hunk and Pidge shared a glance as Lance titled his head to the side curious, Pidge faced palmed and ultimately winced when he smacked his glass too hard on his face, Lance winced in sympathy. Pidge turned to Hunk and mouthed something that Lance couldn't see so he decided that he would just go back to looking through the binoculars at the dome. Weird. Why would the Garrison have a dome set up in the desert? Oh wait, it's aliens from somewhere. 

He wondered if he'll ever get the chance to meet aliens that would be so cool, meeting life outside Earth of where he felt literally trapped in a cage, at least it wasn't in a dark basement where your left for a week with barely any food or water. 

He rather that not happen because it's on the bad memory side. 

He shrieked dropping the binoculars to his lap and his hands flew to his ears and Hunk cried out when a large loud explosion went off into the distance a couple yards from where the Garrison was, "What was that?!" Hunk cried in a panic, "I don't know but It was loud!" Lance looked at where the explosion went off, he felt the chill again, but it was different this time. It was like something was tugging at his soul, urging him to go to the dome. He didn't know what it was, but the tug was in a way, familiar. Like he's known about this tug before, but he's never felt a tug like this for as long as he can remember. "There! In the field, some rando is using a hoverbike while the Garrison is distracted" Pidge pointed and Lance released his ears to look through the binoculars he dropped due to the loud noise, "Can you even tell who that is? Judging the light from the bike it's going towards the dome" Hunk voiced squinting to try and see the far away figure. 

Lance squinted a bit and zoomed in finally getting a better looks as someone jumped off the hoverbike and looked at the Garrisons distraction before running towards the dome, but Lance nearly gasped when he saw the hair. He knew that hair, he'd spent enough time in the background observing the fluffy soft looking mullet that belonged to the one and only Keith Kogane. "It's Keith" he quickly handed the binoculars to Pidge and grabbed his bag before jumping down off the flat rock they were on, wobbling a bit before he took off in a sprint, "No, Lance get back here!" he ignored Hunk's voice and just ran, something in Lance told him to go to Keith and he decided to follow that. He could vaguely hear Pidge and Hunk a bit behind him but once he reached the dome, he went inside seeing some scientists knocked out and Shiro laying on a flat table, "Keith?" was it really the same Alpha that he had a crush on. Keith looked surprised at the male in front of the door, it wasn't mistakable to remember this face. The face he looked at discreetly whenever he was presented the chance. This was Lance, the Lance he missed after he was expelled from the Garrison. 

"Lance?"

---------

10/24/23