Mayu's Backstory and Swordsmith's fury

Mamaru's P.O.V

Things have not been going well for some of us since we first started the rehabilitation training. I always lose at the cup throw, tag and The Mogi-sen. No matter how many times I tried, I fell numerous times. Aoi wasn't that much of a difficulty but Izuku, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Kanao and Yuki were the most hardest to beat. I mean they're trained by Hashiras so it makes sense. Half of us had completed their recovery training but some of them decided to continue cause they wanted to get stronger and to finally beat the Tsuguko and Yuki. I decided to take a weak day break so I could focus on practicing my Blood Demon Art. Right now in the courtyard at night, I'm using Psychic Pluse to move some large boulders. But for some reason, I'm having difficulty using my demon art. The last time I used my demon art was back in Mt.Natagumo when I saved so many demon slayers and escorted Nezuko against Rui. But now I can use it as much as I did last time. What's holding me back? Why am I lagging behind everyone?

???: Hay, Mamaru, right? Are you all right?

I rotated my head to see that Mayu girl who was watching me from the porch. I saw her plenty of times, but we don't normally see eye-to-eye that much since we rarely talk to each other. But for some reason, she is now looking out for me. Mayu walks up to me and gives me a towel.

Mamaru: *Grabs the towel* Thanks.

Mayu: No problem.

I decided to sit down on the porch with Mayu tagging along beside me.

Mamaru: *Sighs* This is so hard! I can't use my Demon Art to its full potential like last time! What's holding me back...? *😓* Sorry that you have to hear my outburst...

Mayu: Oh, it's fine. I heard from Kanae-san that you have been training on your demon art for a while.

Mamaru: Yeah, but I can't use it as much like I previously did. Argh... I'm sorry angry right now!

Mayu: Question, why are you training with the other slayers and how did you become a demon?

I looked at Mayu with a sad and mad look on my face. But I took a deep sigh and decided to explain my origin to her. After listening to my story, Mayu gives off a sorrowful expression as she sheds a tear.

Mayu: T-That...That must be hard for you and Ochako.

Mamaru: Well not has much, Izuku's.

Mayu: I heard from the others that Izuku, Tanjiro and Nezuko's families were killed by the Demon King.

Mayu then looks up at the night sky as she talks to me with a sad tone in her voice.

Mamaru: I'm... sorry for ignoring you, Izuku and Eri.

Mamaru: It's fine. You don't trust demons like everyone else. So I can't blame you...

Mayu: But there's a reason why I don't trust demons.

Mamaru: What was the reason?

Mayu took a deep breath and sighed as she told me about her past.

(Flashback)