29# Never Alone

Song: Never Alone- Jim Brickman Ft. Lady Antebellum.
Dareen
"Can we talk for a second?" I asked pulling Christina away from a group of friends.
"Dareen, I was going to call you today."
"What were you waiting for?" I sighed crossing my srms over my chest.
"Dareen, I'm in deep shit." She sobbed wrapping her arms around me.
"Shh, it's okay. Harry told me everything." I whispered rubbing her back.
"He did?" She pulled away wiping her tears.
"Come." I sighed pulling her to a table nearby.
"I am afraid he might tell me abort the baby." She sniffled as we sat down.
"I'd kill him before he even thinks about it. You have to discuss this together calmly. You didn't become pregnant by yourself. It's his responsibility as much as it is yours."
"His reaction was so strange. I felt like he doesn't really love me." She sniffled.
"It's normal for him to take sometime." I shrugged.
--------
"Good morning." I told Maria as I stepped into Elliot's office.
"Good morning, ma'am."
"Maria, Is there any meetings for sir Elliot today?" I asked taking off my blazer.
"No, but today the materials will arrive to the Port of New York and New Jersey. Sir George will take care of it."
"Okay, call him here for me, please. I also want you to postpone all the meetings that you can postpone this couple of days. As you know, Sir Elliot has a problem and I won't be able to attend all the meetings and sort out all this paperwork at the same time." I sighed.
"Okay, ma'am."
"Get me my coffee, please." I smiled.
"Sure." She nodded walking out.
Running my hand over his desk, I closed my eyes sniffling his scent that was filling the air. How does he do it?! A knock on the door distracted me, and then sir George entered.
"Good morning." He smiled at me.
"Good morning. Please sit down." I motioned for him to sit on the chair across of me. "I heard that you'll be the one responsible for receiving the materials."
"Yeah,"
"I want you to call me every now and then and tell me how's everything going. I want to feel like I'm in the port."
"Okay, ma'am."
"You can go, now. Sorry for wasting your time." I smiled.
"It's fine. Thank you." He shrugged walking out as Maria stepped in with ny coffee.
"Tell me what we have today." I sighed taking a sip of coffee as she got out her notebook.
------
"Elliot, how's everything?" I asked putting my phone on loud speaker as I drove my car.
"Not so well, actually." He sighed.
"What happened?"
"Mum will wake up in a few hours, but Dan passed away."
"Oh my God," I whispered stopping the car on the side. "how's your brother?" I frowned.
"Not so well, but it'll pass. I just don't know how am I gonna tell mum and- Alice."
"Should I come ove-"
"No, we're about to go home, but I'll come and pick up Alice later today if that's possible."
"Sure, I'll be waiting." I nodded.
"Thank you for being there for me, Dareen."
"I love you, babe. Look, I should go, now cause I'm on the road-"
"Uh- okay. Goodbye."
"Bye Bye." I sighed as I continued my way home.

Taking out Harry's home key, I turned into the lock as I got in quietly.
"Harry," I called throwing the keys back in my bag before closing the door.
"Dareen, we're here." He yelled from the kitchen which was a complete mess.
"What is that you're feeding her?" I gasped.
"A box of cereal I got from the market." He gave me a box.
"Harry, that's for babies, she's four!" I rolled my eyes.
"But she likes it. Don't you?" He asked and she nodded slowly.
"She should eat fresh fruits, vegetables, rice.. a rich meal, Harry." I rolled my eyes taking her off of the high stool.
"Let me wash your... face." I said awkwardly taking her to the bathroom.
"Dareen," He followed me to stand by the doorframe. "I'll tell Christina to keep the baby." He said quietly.
"That's a good start, but will you just stay like that or will you propose?"
"I want to marry her." He replied quickly.
"It's not about what you want. It's about what will you do. The baby won't die, Harry. You won't kill your first child and put her life in a risk because of a foolish mistake you both did anyway."
"I just said that!"
"I'm reminding you that you didn't have a choice. Now talk to her, and think what you gonna do next." I sighed handing Alice a clean towel.
"When are you going to take me home?" She asked.
"Elliot will come to pick you up tonight." I smiled kissing the top of her head. "Let's go to my home cause Picky is sitting there alone." I fake pouted and she nodded.

It's been sometime since I returned home, and Alice is sitting in the living room playing with Picky while I was cleaning up in the kitchen after dinner.
"I'll get the door!" Alice exclaimed running towards it.
"Ask who is it, first." I called after her.
"Who is it?" She yelled pressing her ear against the door.
"I'm Elliot." Elliot replied as I opened the door for him.
"Uh-" He smiled picking her up.
"I miss you." She grinned as he kissed her cheek.
"I miss you, too. Go get dressed cause we're leaving."
"Stay a bit." I frowned as he pulled me in for a kiss.
"I can't leave them alone for too long. Tomorrow's the funeral." He whispered.
"I will come." I said quickly.
"Ethan will be there." He sighed pulling away.
"I have to be there for you and your mother. We can leave Alice with Harry. They got along pretty well."
"Oh really?" He chuckled sitting down.
"Yeah." I nodded.
"I am sorry for pressuring you these days." He sighed pulling me to stand between his legs.
"It's fine." I smiled running my hand through his hair.
"I am ready." Alice announced running out of my bedroom.
Pulling away, I turned to her.
"Let me tie your shoe laces." I smiled squatting in front of her.
"Am I going to see mummy and daddy?" She asked Elliot who looked nervous more than ever.
"Uh- baby, come here." He sighed openning his arms for her. "You're going to see mum, but daddy-" He paused for a second.
"Daddy had work to do, and left for a period.. of time." I looked at him to find him giving me a ressuring nod.
"Meh- he should've waited for me." She sighed making my heart ache.
"Let it go." I shrugged as Elliot's eyes watered. "C'mon, put on your jacket, so that you'll be able to see mama." I smiled making her grin.
"Okaay!" She cheered as they walked to the door.
"See you tomorrow." Elliot sighed hugging me tightly.
"Drive safely." I whispered closing the door behind them.
-------