Epilogue

Five Years Later

It was done.

Obadiah looked down at the papers with tears blurring his vision.

A memoir.

His memoir.

He only prayed the Lord found it worthy.

As he looked back on the last fifty-two years of his life, he no longer saw pain, trauma, torment, or hopelessness.

He saw the hand of the Living God.

The past wasn't beautiful. It was terrible, ugly, and cruel.

And yet, the Lord in all His faithfulness, saw fit to redeem his years.

When it was settled and sure, He began to make all things new.

Even the very foundation of Obadiah and Guinevere's bedroom was new.

Before their wedding, the Lord spoke to Obadiah and instructed him to demolish his bedroom; foundation, and all, and rebuild it.

He didn't understand why. He wanted to move and get away from the home that hosted his nightmares and most travailing days.

But, when the Lord spoke, Obadiah obeyed.

It took three days, but as he tore down his old bedroom, he felt something break inside.

And as he rebuilt the room and its furniture, he felt something heal.

When he finished, the Lord spoke again, explaining why he had to rebuild.

"Just as I demolished your broken and painful foundation and restored it with My good, you had to demolish the foundation of the room that stored painful memories to make good ones. In this new beginning, every foundation that is not built upon Me and My faithfulness must come down."

His home was now a place of peace, joy, hope, faith, and the sweetest of love.

His memoir held every detail of the Lord's faithfulness.

If one person's hope was restored by reading it, he would be a grateful man.

"Daddy!"

He wiped his tears as the footsteps drew near.

"Manasseh," He smiled at the boy with the amber eyes filled with glee.

Manasseh titled his head and placed his tiny hands on Obadiah's cheeks. "You're sad?"

Obadiah shook his head and swooped him onto his lap, making the boy giggle. "No, my sun," He kissed his cheek, he adored the child. He adored all of his precious children.

"Daddy is very happy. I cry when I think of the Lord's faithfulness. He loved me enough to bless me with your Mommy, Isaiah, Lydia, you, Hannah, and our little one in Mommy's tummy," He explained to the inquisitive child.

"Oooh," Manasseh pinched his cheek and giggled. "He is nice! I like it when you tell me about Him," He wiggled around before sighing comfortably. "Hannah is sad,"